Kokos Goldfish Forum
FishPhin

Water Changes and Phin's wen

I LOVE doing water changes. There is just something so satisfying about them. I love knowing Phin is swimming in clean water. I love the way he nibbles on my hand when I'm moving decor around and vacuuming. I love watching him swim and play in the splashing water when I'm filling the tank back up. He always seems to be perkier and have more energy right after a w/c. 

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that Phin's wen has grown! He's actually starting to develop what I think is a nice looking wen. So  :pp  to the LFS guy who told me Phin couldn't be an oranda because his wen was too small. 

Glad to hear he is doing well!!!!

I LOVE doing water changes. There is just something so satisfying about them. I love knowing Phin is swimming in clean water. I love the way he nibbles on my hand when I'm moving decor around and vacuuming. I love watching him swim and play in the splashing water when I'm filling the tank back up. He always seems to be perkier and have more energy right after a w/c. 

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that Phin's wen has grown! He's actually starting to develop what I think is a nice looking wen. So  :pp  to the LFS guy who told me Phin couldn't be an oranda because his wen was too small. 

Let's see that wen!

It still isn't huge, but it has definitely grown and is bigger than when I brought him home. 

IMG_2352_zpszfjullim.jpg

IMG_2347_zpszdmtsxjw.jpg

He's very cute... and he looks a lot like my Vickie!

Not biased at all  :whistle

Thank you. :)  He has the BEST personality. He is just super friendly and easy going. I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. Everything about him makes my heart smile.  :wub:

He is very cute!!!!!

Ha.  That guy was sooooooooo wrong.  :lol

Looking great!  :D

Haha, take that, silly guy.

You should go back to show photos of Phin to him when the wen has grown bit more ;)

Definitely growing! :) 

You should go back to show photos of Phin to him when the wen has grown bit more ;)

I know right!  I could tell him I'm really worried about this growth on my "fantails" head. Does he have any idea what it could be? Oh a WEN?! Like on an ORANDA?!  :yikes  :rofl2

That's bigger than my wen challenged ranchu :rofl. All the clean water and awesome food in the world isn't helping him. He just gets bigger and fatter :D

That is a very respectable little wen!

Phin has gotten bigger and fatter as well. He looked so tiny and lost when I first put him in his 20g. Now he's grown into it and I think I may need to get something bigger. Maybe a 40g.  I don't really have the space for anything bigger right now. 

Oh, yeah, that's a wen! It will be fun to see what shape it will take over time. Such a cutie!

Some pretty impressive finnage as well.

I know right! I could tell him I'm really worried about this growth on my "fantails" head. Does he have any idea what it could be? Oh a WEN?! Like on an ORANDA?! :yikes:rofl2

You're wicked. I like it xD

Wow! What an amazingly cute goldie! Looks like my Usher! :D