Kokos Goldfish Forum
Fastlane

Koi clay Directions

Hi folks!!

Any idea how much table spoon of koi clay for a 29g tank? Should this be applied after every water change water change?

Thanks!!

I put about 1-1 1/2 tsp in my 75 gallon. And, yes, after every WC. :)

I put about 1-1 1/2 tsp in my 75 gallon. And, yes, after every WC. :)

Does it mean that for a smaller tank, smaller amount of koi clay too?

Do you mix the clay straight to the water? Or can I dissolve some in another container? Thank you..

I'd use a smaller amount.  I use 1/2 tsp for my 40.  I'd probably use about 1/2 for your 29 . .. .

I mix mine with tank water (add tank water to a container, add koi clay and shake).  :D

I'd use a smaller amount.  I use 1/2 tsp for my 40.  I'd probably use about 1/2 for your 29 . .. .

I mix mine with tank water (add tank water to a container, add koi clay and shake).  :D

Thank you Fantailfan1 :)

Btw, how long does it take for your tanks to clear up after putting clay? Read that it will cause some cloudiness after putting it on the water..

It does. I made a thread ont hat sometime ago. I'll see if I can find it once I'm home. I'd say expect 30-60 minutes.

Edit. Here it is

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119153-how-much-does-koi-clay-cloud-the-tank-water/?hl=%2Bkoi+%2Bclay+%2Bclouds+%2Bwater

Edited by fantailfan1

It does. I made a thread ont hat sometime ago. I'll see if I can find it once I'm home. I'd say expect 30-60 minutes.

Edit. Here it is

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119153-how-much-does-koi-clay-cloud-the-tank-water/?hl=%2Bkoi+%2Bclay+%2Bclouds+%2Bwater

Thank you for the effort of finding your old post!!! :)

Your tank looks clear even without the koi clay :D

Does using koi clay guarantee that the water Would be clearer?

I don't think it can guarantee the water will be clear. Filtration is a factor to take in as well as if it's green water or just cloudy from particles. Koi clay clumps the particles together to make it easier to filter them out.

I don't think it can guarantee the water will be clear. Filtration is a factor to take in as well as if it's green water or just cloudy from particles. Koi clay clumps the particles together to make it easier to filter them 

What do you mean by  filtration is a factor? I don't have a green water..  I wanna try this koi clay out..

Like if you have adequate filtration (10 times per hour) i mentioned the green water because if you did have green water the koi clay won't help that.

Go ahead and try it, it can't hurt!! :D

Like if you have adequate filtration (10 times per hour) i mentioned the green water because if you did have green water the koi clay won't help that.

Go ahead and try it, it can't hurt!! :D

Alright I got you with the filtration.  :thumbup2:  I'm using a biowheel 200 and a sunsun CF (302 model) and a Eheim CF80( which I'm trying out) right now.. BTW, just saying I don't have green water right now, hoping not to jinx my  tank with green water problems  :whistle

Will try koi clay, as you've said it won't hurt my BB or cycle.

Thanks!

And don't forget that stocking is also a factor.

And don't forget that stocking is also a factor.

Yup got that ChelseaM :D

Trying to compensate by doing WC more often.

That will only work for so long. ;)

Ya I know that. :)

Labor of love :)

Edited by Fastlane