Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cdionne77

ICH explosion in the main tank

I think you have it fairly well covered.   You'll definitely be able to recognize it if they start surface breathing.  All the surface agitation from the aerators and filter outputs is probably fine. 

You may want to increase aeration while they have the Ich and while the temp is at 80 F.  Ich tends to infest the gills as well as the skin, making breathing more labored and warmer water holds less dissolved oxygen.  

I have a wall air wand turned up, an air stone and the two filters going on. I opened the hood and the top of the tank water is moving rapidly with a lot of agitation. Do you think I need more?

No, that should be enough :)

Edited by Jared

Ok... I did another 50% WC today last one was done on Friday.. Salt is back at .03% and tank water is at a tropical 80*F..  :D

Looks like some of the red spots are going away. The juveniles and Citrus's red spots are gone. The blue oranda mojo still has some and Skippers are mostly all gone.

ICH still present on all but strangely enough the juvenile Bubbalicious has none and really didn't have any to begin with :hmm .. Lucky her  :teehee

Edited by Cdionne77

hope the improvements keep coming!

hope the improvements keep coming!

Thank you! I hope I see more improvement before I leave the state on Thursday. Feel horrible leaving them :(

I know, just do everything you can and they will most likely be just fine. Big water change before you go, salt up, temp steady and lights off. - how I would do it :)

Ich is looking slightly better but now Citrus has fluid around her eyes :(

Pics please when you get a chance. Is she eating/active?

Pics please when you get a chance. Is she eating/active?

She is eating and active. Still floaty and her tail is covered in ich still. But I noticed little white sacks starting to form around her eyes. I did try to take a pic but she doesn't hold still ill try again or try to get a pic of holding her under water.

Edited by Cdionne77

Like this on both eyes

1b61f48e-887a-4c72-a702-9f622977ffe8_zps

If both eyes are swelling, it's usually bacterial.  It's pretty minor, so I would just watch it for a day or so.  It might resolve on it's own with the 0.3% salt.  Melafix or Epsom Salt sometimes helps this, too.  However, if it continues to get worse or is accompanied by swelling/pineconing of the body, you will need antibiotics.

Edited by Jared

If both eyes are swelling, it's usually bacterial.  It's pretty minor, so I would just watch it for a day or so.  It might resolve on it's own with the 0.3% salt.  Melafix or Epsom Salt sometimes helps this, too.  However, if it continues to get worse or is accompanied by swelling/pineconing of the body, you will need antibiotics.

Ok I will continue to watch. I'm worried more now because I am leaving the state on Thursday and not returning until Tuesday evening. I am hoping this goes away or at least improves before I go......

I did order the furan 2 and it came in... I have melafix and Epsom as well as seachems metro and kana

I did order the furan 2 and it came in... I have melafix and Epsom as well as seachems metro and kana

Let's see how it is tomorrow :)

Back from vacation, and it looks like the ICH is gone on everyone. How long should I keep the salt and heat? (is it 10 days after the last spot of ich?) I started the salt and heat on 8-15

I see no signs of ich as of yesterday :)

Citrus still has the same fluid rings around eyes

Yep I'd go 10 days with salt and heat. :)

Do the rings look any different? Better, worse? :idont

Yep I'd go 10 days with salt and heat. :)

Do the rings look any different? Better, worse? :idont

They look about the same 

Yay for the ICH...I wish I could help with the rings... :( 

Glad to hear the Ich is gone!!!!!

Thank you.. One problem gone. Hopefully Mojo's and Citrus's problems go too :)

Thank you.. One problem gone. Hopefully Mojo's and Citrus's problems go too :)

Finger's crossed for Mojo and Citrus!!!! How was your vacation?