Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenste

Finding Hikari Lionhead...size question

My husband laughed at how excited I was to "win the battle"  - I figured people here would understand. Dealing with goldfish is sometimes like dealing with children

hmmm. Seems Hikari Lionhead makes my Ryukin a bit floaty - 

After feeding H. Lionhead he tends to hang up towards the back corner for a bit.  (If I walk up to the tank or move the lid he darts right to me/the front and swims/ begs for food like normal.) Poo has been normal and no other symptoms.  All other fish have been acting normally. Only happens after a feeding with H Lionhead.  I have moved him by himself in the 26 gallon again temporarily to watch him and he hasn't done any floaty/hovering behaviors since not being fed this food. 

Will give him a week with out it then see how he does again, if any floatiness he will probably live in the 26 gallon.  

You might also want to try feeding him a "very" small controlled amount of Hikari Lionhead while he is in QT to see if it's a problem of how much of it he is eating.

His poos haven't been massive poo trails but when I do start feeding him them it will be in small amounts to see how he handles it.  I wasn't really surprised (wasn't expecting it but had read up on others having similar issues).   All goldfish are going to tolerate different foods in different ways. If it's just his tummy can't handle it then I'll keep it from his environment