Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

Doh! Do you ever just do something STUPID!?!

I decided to go ahead & do my waterchange! I got everything all prepared & the cleaning went fine...Just like EVERY other week I have done them FOR YEARS! (Just so you know I have NO EXCUSE!!!)

Then hooked up the Python to refill. Now I have a FAIRLY new kitchen faucet & it hooks up a bit different than the one I had for years.....BUT...I have used it this "new" way SEVERAL TIMES!!  (No Excuses!)

I stuck the barrel end of the Python into the tank & turned on the water & went into the living room (sitting next to the tank) to give it time to fill up. BOOOSH!!! The Python BLOWS off of the faucet!!  I run to turn off the water & grab up the hose.  Startling but I thought..Hhmmmm..it happens. I hooked it back up & tried again....as I walked back to the living room BOOSH!!  Blowed off AGAIN!!! I recheck everything then FINALLY notice I HAD THE SWITH THINGEE ON THE PYTHON TURNED OFF!!! No water could flow!!

:doh11: I felt like a DING BAT!!!! Hooked it up the correct way.....by the way it flows MUCH better that way. And am now waiting for it to finish filling!!

Oh well....My kitchen floor needed a good mopping!!!! :teehee

:doh11:  I have done similar things. No fun.  :teehee

:rofl we all have our moments. At least your floor got a good cleaning out of it. :lol

Oh yes. I've not done that, I've just accidentally started the flow with the tube end out of the tank :D

I've dumped my fish tank water (at that time about 20 gallons) onto the floor just before the front door. I thought I had put that end out the door into the garden, but apparently I did not. Ruined a runner carpet I had in that space. Wooden floor was okay though.

:tomuch: Excellent story! :rofl3 and the sound effects were great! :P

And to answer the question in the title... All the stinkin time :rofl2 I'm constantly calling myself names under my breath :rolleyes:

Thanks for the laugh :D

Thanks for the chuckle. :)  

During a water change one time ...I was suppose to take water out, but noticed just in time that the water will filling up by mistake.  I almost had an overflowing tank. :(

After drenching the bedroom carpet on two different occasions, I decided to move the tank into the kitchen :rofl

I've dumped my fish tank water (at that time about 20 gallons) onto the floor just before the front door. I thought I had put that end out the door into the garden, but apparently I did not. Ruined a runner carpet I had in that space. Wooden floor was okay though.

Oh I got one... Td did a water change into a Jug, and we had jugs sitting with water for the change... Well he got talking to me and turned around and dumped the water he just took out back in the tank :rofl It was just to funny to see the look on his face when he figured out what he did :tomuch:

My wife says that's all I do... :lol2

I once left the end tube on my floor instead of in the tank, and turned it on, and bam! Floor ruined.  :whistle  :doh11:  :rofl3

I wish my stupid stuff was that simple.   :no:   I like to over fill the tank or forget to add Prime and the list goes on and on.....

My worst one was when I lived at my parents in their basement. I was carrying a 3 gallon bucket of dirty water up the stairs to the sink and I tripped... all the water went down the stairs and collected in a puddle under my dresser. It was 2:00am and I couldn't run the wet/dry vac to clean it up, I had to use every rag towel in the house. It was a mess, I couldn't go up or down the stairs without squeaking and slipping. I'm still surprised I didn't wake anyone up with all the noise I was making.  :teehee

Pretty sure I have done that a time or two myself lol - I consider it good cardio as it does get the heart pumping as you race across the house jumping over the tubing and vaulting over startled cats! 

I'm pretty good with water, I rarely spill any. I do have an annoying tendency to forget to turn my filters and heaters back on after a water change.

I've forgotten to turn my filter back on a few times too.

I certainly have done a few things that made me think "wow, I really am dumb".

I've done what you have done. I could fill a book with the stupid things i've done.

LOL!!  Glad to NOT be the LONE member of the GOOF UP CLUB!!! :teehee

I have done far worse.

I have done far worse.

:popcorn

I have done far worse.

For example. I've taken my cannister filter to my LFS because it was not working only to be told I had the pipes the wrong way around!

I have done far worse.

For example. I've taken my cannister filter to my LFS because it was not working only to be told I had the pipes the wrong way around!

:lol3 now thats a good one :rofl

Yep! I like that one too!!!

I am really glad to NOT be the LONE MEMBER of the Goofed Up Club!!!!