Kokos Goldfish Forum

you're welcome. just be sure you have enough metronidazole to treat for a minimum 14 days. good luck.

Tohru, not sure where you live but if you are in the U.S., PraziPro is not sold at Petsmart or Petco. Some local fish stores do carry it, but not all. I would call and ask your local store(s) if they carry this and the metronidazole. Hopefully one has these medications, but if not you could still overnight it online.

Helen, that video was very educational. Hopefully it is pinned somewhere?

you're welcome. just be sure you have enough metronidazole to treat for a minimum 14 days. good luck.

I am going to buy more tomorrow. I keep everyone posted and I put

API Aquarium Salt in the 10 gallon tank he is in by him self.

Tohru, not sure where you live but if you are in the U.S., PraziPro is not sold at Petsmart or Petco. Some local fish stores do carry it, but not all. I would call and ask your local store(s) if they carry this and the metronidazole. Hopefully one has these medications, but if not you could still overnight it online.

Helen, that video was very educational. Hopefully it is pinned somewhere?

my friend got PraziPro for me I am getting it Tuesday. I have one pack of Metronidazole petsmart dose have Metronidazole. I am buying some tomorrow. 

Edited by Tohru1529

Petsmart doesn't have metro unless they've started stocking it the last week or two . . . .  Do you have a link to the product?  :idont

Petsmart doesn't have metro unless they've started stocking it the last week or two . . . .  Do you have a link to the product?   :idont

I have meltro in my aria.

Petsmart doesn't have metro unless they've started stocking it the last week or two . . . .  Do you have a link to the product?   :idont

At a Petsmart?  What is the product name?

At a Petsmart?  What is the product name?

yes http://www.petsmart.com/fish/disease-treatment/api-guide-fish-problem-solving-general-cure-zid36-5112949/cat-36-catid-300009?_t=pfm%3Dcategory  is that it?

Sort of.  It's prazi along with an antibiotic.  The problem with that is these two meds are typically dosed differently (prazi for 4 day on then 3 days off for several rounds, metro for 14 days straight . . .  ).   I'd say go for it.  You'll need to purchase enough to go a full 14 days.  I'd still get the prazi pro. 

I would also get the Prazi Pro or a powdered Praziquantel form but the API General Cure (A powdered mixture of Metronidazole and Praziquantel) better than nothing right now as your fish is needing these medications ASAP.

I assume you've dosed the tank with this and the filter does not have carbon.. How is your fish doing with the meds present?

The last time I went to my local Petsmart (a month ago) they had really scaled back their antibiotics section. However, they still carried a lot more products online. I think they are starting to follow the lead of other countries in this. (I think the reason is to prevent impulse purchases by inexperienced hobbyists of medications that may not be appropriate ... kind of a drag for those of us who know what we need and need it immediately, but better for the hobby as a whole to prevent antibiotic overuse.)

Edited by *Amanda*

I would also get the Prazi Pro or a powdered Praziquantel form but the API General Cure (A powdered mixture of Metronidazole and Praziquantel) better than nothing right now as your fish is needing these medications ASAP.

I assume you've dosed the tank with this and the filter does not have carbon.. How is your fish doing with the meds present?

Tell you the truth he not doing well. My mom found syringes and I tryed to feed him and he spite it out. :( I am doing all I could with him. I am following everything you guys said. :( :( :( :( :(. I am so upset right now. And the Prazi Pro is coming tomorrow.

If the fish hasnt eaten for a few days I would try again. Hold the fish gently and gently place the syringe deep in its open mouth and squirt. Hopefully some of it will go down.

good luck

If the fish hasnt eaten for a few days I would try again. Hold the fish gently and gently place the syringe deep in its open mouth and squirt. Hopefully some of it will go down.

good luck

I did that and no luck

try a little at a time. if you notice i say in my video that a lot of the food will come out from the gills area whilst the fish is chewing and some may come out of the mouth. if the food is in a runny paste form, this is normal.

there are no guarantees that anything will work, this is just an attempt to treat the quite advanced symptoms that your fish is displaying. if your fish does not make it, please know that you have tried everything you possibly could to gain strength in an attempt to restore health.

the medicines you have ordered have a very long shelf life, they are also essential to this hobby. whether this fish does or doesn't make it, the money spent has not gone to waste. the prazi will be used to run your surviving fish through a treatment course, a treatment myself and the rest of the mod team believe is required with your crew.

i do believe the symptoms are quite advanced and it certainly be amazing if your fish makes a recovery. we are all hopeful that it will, but in reality, it's not looking too good for him in his current condition. 

Make sure you get the syringe well into his mouth, if it is too close to the front they may well expel it - this is a bit like fishy tube feeding :)

If he continues to struggle and make no improvements you may want to consider euthanizing. Oftentimes a slightly sick animal can be nursed back to health, but with months of small symptoms accruing it's much harder to treat. The first sign of flashing of fish becoming skinny is when to come get help, so we have time to let the treatments work and the fish has a fighting chance. Coming in with an extremely sick fish makes it really difficult for any advice, however, solid, to do much good. When an animal has turned the corner it is rare they can pull through. Not impossible, but difficult.

Regardless of what happens with this one, I'm going to *strongly* recommend you treating remaining fish with the prazi and salt protocol outlined here in the D&D section. Even the healthiest goldfish benefit from it, and the more you can prevent serious symptoms the better off you'll be.

Edited by Arctic Mama

try a little at a time. if you notice i say in my video that a lot of the food will come out from the gills area whilst the fish is chewing and some may come out of the mouth. if the food is in a runny paste form, this is normal.

there are no guarantees that anything will work, this is just an attempt to treat the quite advanced symptoms that your fish is displaying. if your fish does not make it, please know that you have tried everything you possibly could to gain strength in an attempt to restore health.

the medicines you have ordered have a very long shelf life, they are also essential to this hobby. whether this fish does or doesn't make it, the money spent has not gone to waste. the prazi will be used to run your surviving fish through a treatment course, a treatment myself and the rest of the mod team believe is required with your crew.

i do believe the symptoms are quite advanced and it certainly be amazing if your fish makes a recovery. we are all hopeful that it will, but in reality, it's not looking too good for him in his current condition.

She beat me to it. Everything here is solid. Please take this under consideration, both in treating your remaining stock and in believing you did your best with this. Not every animal can be saved, we just try our best to give them good lives.

Thank you so much Helen so much I am doing all I could,I can tell he got worse. He not look good. :( 

Make sure you get the syringe well into his mouth, if it is too close to the front they may well expel it - this is a bit like fishy tube feeding :)

If he continues to struggle and make no improvements you may want to consider euthanizing. Oftentimes a slightly sick animal can be nursed back to health, but with months of small symptoms accruing it's much harder to treat. The first sign of flashing of fish becoming skinny is when to come get help, so we have time to let the treatments work and the fish has a fighting chance. Coming in with an extremely sick fish makes it really difficult for any advice, however, solid, to do much good. When an animal has turned the corner it is rare they can pull through. Not impossible, but difficult.

Regardless of what happens with this one, I'm going to *strongly* recommend you treating remaining fish with the prazi and salt protocol outlined here in the D&D section. Even the healthiest goldfish benefit from it, and the more you can prevent serious symptoms the better off you'll be.

he is struggle I can tell he got worse 

i'm sorry, hun. but i am not surprised. if by the time the medicines arrive your fish is laying on it's side and not showing signs of fighting to survive, then you may want to consider euthing. there is a video link in my signature on how to euth a goldfish.

treating the remainder tankmates is really important since they are from the same community. once you are ready to do that, i recommend that you start a new thread so that we can guide you through the process and you can keep adding to that thread like an online diary. it is very important that during any course of treatment, that you document noticeable changes, not only marks on the fish suddenly appearing, but a change in their behaviour such as swimming, eating as well as pooping. any changes can be the beginning of a potential problem or a sign that the fish are improving in health.

i'm sorry, hun. but i am not surprised. if by the time the medicines arrive your fish is laying on it's side and not showing signs of fighting to survive, then you may want to consider euthing. there is a video link in my signature on how to euth a goldfish.

treating the remainder tankmates is really important since they are from the same community. once you are ready to do that, i recommend that you start a new thread so that we can guide you through the process and you can keep adding to that thread like an online diary. it is very important that during any course of treatment, that you document noticeable changes, not only marks on the fish suddenly appearing, but a change in their behaviour such as swimming, eating as well as pooping. any changes can be the beginning of a potential problem or a sign that the fish are improving in health.

ok I will do that thank you hugs Helen tightly.

ok I will do that thank you hugs Helen tightly.

:hug

what marineland filter cartridges with out the carbon.