Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Fastlane

Seachem Purigen 100mL

7 posts in this topic

Hi again! Sorry, dunno if this is where I should post this thread. Just wanna ask on how to use Seachem Purigen? Does it come in a mesh bag when purchased? Do I just throw it inside my HOB filter? Or should it be inside a canister filter? What are its benefit? Can it make water clear?

PS: just had my water quality tested on my LFS, everything was alright (pH, alkalinity, nitrite, nitrate) according to the chart that he used. I believe the guy used a Tetra testing kit.

You can buy large containers of Purigen, which require a special Purigen bag, or you can buy the premeasured bags.  I have used both, and I like the already bagged product better because I'm lazy. ;):P

I used it in a HoB and was very happy with it.

You can buy large containers of Purigen, which require a special Purigen bag, or you can buy the premeasured bags.  I have used both, and I like the already bagged product better because I'm lazy. ;):P

I used it in a HoB and was very happy with it.

Do I stuff the purigen alone? Or still run it with fine pads?

Thank you.

I use aquaclear filters and on top of the sponge I place filter padding, on top of that goes the Purigen, and lastly the bio media.  I'm unfamiliar with other types of filters, so someone else may need to chime in regarding fine padding.

This is what I use.  I cut it to fit the shape of my filter.

http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PA0100-Bonded-Filter-312-Square-Inch/dp/B0002565PW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436378761&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=aquarium+filter+padding

I use a marineland filter. I also use that same pad you are using :)

Thanks @yafashelli :)

:uwelcome