Rijen

Rijens goldfish journey

41 posts in this topic

Ok guys now i think its time to share a diary of my breeding process. Even though i believe breeding any living thing is not totally up to us because we are not creator but we could try, lets get optimistic and start crossing our fingers.

these are parents of my upcoming goldies.

Father "Tattey"calico and mother "Aandey" egg shaped ranchu

20150604_204419_0_.jpg

Step father "Paatali" common veiltail

619.jpg

These adult fishes were showing spawning behavior 2 weeks back and i tried to breed them but due to some mistakes all process ruined. right 1 week later i tried again but the problem was both fathers had milt out of stock :rofl so i feeded them baby brine shrimp which was actually bought for the fries, some hard boiled egg yolks, fresh organic vegetables and good quality pellets. THe result was amazing one week later 7th july 2015 morning 9 am i saw spawning behavior again so i took three of them to bare 5 gallon tank with 1.5 inch water in and good aeration lied one amazon sword plant with a piece of small rock and hand spawn. Both of the male released around 2 table spoon i guess of milt i was shocked :hmm  female ranchu also laid more than 100 eggs see it below. The pic is been taken with mobile phone so not good quality ,in real every eggs are fertile not a single is white all have black dots inside. I have added methylene blue 2 drops and a table spoon of salt after around 3 hrs the eggs been released.

7th july 2015 night 1st day of eggs 

edited.jpg

Can't wait for updates and you are so lucky that the eggs are fertile non of my fancies eggs were fertile :(

8th July 2015 night second day of eggs

I added 1 liter of water which i placed at side of this aquarium 24 hrs before. I added 2 teaspoon of salt, drop of de-cholrinater and a drop of methylene blue , Poured too slowly at interior wall of the aquarium.

day_2.jpg

Edited by Rijen

Can't wait for updates and you are so lucky that the eggs are fertile non of my fancies eggs were fertile :(

you need to feed your males fresh baby brine shrimp, if possible some live small insects like centipade, quality pellets , egg yolks,fresh vegetable than your all eggs gonna be fertile/ :thumbup2:

Sorry guys due to server down i was not able to upload yesterday so it goes now. I was posting pics from day 1 which was supposed to be day 0 so the next pic should be day2 hope you guys understood :teehee

Night of Day2

20150709_215853.jpg

One more thing i got a new lesson today morning since most of all while breeding focus on breeding tank i mean future fry tank we do not notice what is going on in adult tank. I checked it toady morning and all of adults have cloudy eyes it could be bacteria got more active due to all those males milt and some mummys eggs cause spawining was still ocuuring most of the time. so i checked the ph it was 7.8 but i dont have kit to measure ammonia so i changed 50% water with a cap of methelyne blue , 3 cap of decholinater, 10 table spoons of marine salt so lets see what will happen but i wonder since every one have cloudy eyes even though all seems to be fine no abnormal behavior. One of them named "Ami" of whom i have posted already on post named "color changing goldfish" have a red marks on root of dorsal fin which could be a infection, disease or may be simple color change though i don't want to take chance i transferred her to a bucket with same tank water and as mentioned stuffs above, added air stone. lets see what goes next.

Edited by Rijen

this was going very good but unfortunately i misunderstood and i washed all the eggs, that was i saw all the eggs flat type like alliens sauser but later i found that was good symbol. well but now i have done it again same process same parents and as result i have now 4 fry all active feeling soo soo glad to be father finally.

1 week old goldfish fry

1_week_3_.jpg

1_week_2_.jpg

1_week_1_.jpg

one more zoomed

1_week_zoomed.jpg

Yay! Those four fry will be extremely spoiled, I'm sure.

could i ask why, you think so..

There will only be four of them so they will have more space and food than they would get if they had more siblings. If you had more fry at once they would not all get as much individual attention. It's a good thing. :thumbup2:

i have been feeding them fresh hatched baby brine shrimp every 4 hours , egg yolk is in my list but not been used yet, I have ordered 70 above gallon new aquarium just for them will arrive within coming sunday just worried when and how to shift them in a new aquarium.

this was going very good but unfortunately i misunderstood and i washed all the eggs, that was i saw all the eggs flat type like alliens sauser but later i found that was good symbol. well but now i have done it again same process same parents and as result i have now 4 fry all active feeling soo soo glad to be father finally.

1 week old goldfish fry

1_week_3_.jpg

1_week_2_.jpg

1_week_1_.jpg

They are just one week old but from the the of spawn if we count from hatched date they are just 4 days old. Now onward i will post the photos counted from day of hatched.

Yay for fry!!! Can't wait to see how these four do!

Yay for fry!!! Can't wait to see how these four do!

Thank you all for ur concern, Here i am posting some of my guesses...

Guess 1    IF color and body goes to mum and eye dad.

guess_3.jpg

Guess 2     If color goes to dad and body mum

guess_2.jpg

Guess 3      if color,tail goes to step father eye to real father :teehee

guess5.jpg

Guess 4       if color goes to mum body, tail and eye goes to dad :tantrum

guess4.jpg

Day 5

Day_5_a.jpg

Day 5

day_5_b.jpg

Day 5

Day_5_a.jpg

Day 5

day_5_b.jpg

four of them are still fine , very active feeding baby brine shrimp, didn't gave interest on egg yolks, i think all have double tails, and eyes have gone to real father mean telescope.

Edited by Rijen

Four of them are still hanging out there enjoying Baby brine shrimp every 4 -  5 hours, New 70 gallon tank have arrived just waiting for the right moment. Have planned to transfer them to it. power filter will be introduced just after they reach 1 month till then just airstone. same water in which they are right now will be used and every day  i will set 2 liters of water with just  a drop of de-chlorinater for 24 hrs at side of tank and fill it everymorning so no need to water change at least the tank is 80% full. yeah every day the unhatched brine shrimp egg shells as well as uneaten debris will be vaccumed.

Day 8

Day_8_c.jpg

Day 8

Day_8_b.jpg

Day 8

Day_8_a.jpg

Just the body have grown a bit and nothing changed yet from day 5.

12th day yeah....All are fine..transferred to their new aquarium.

12_5_.jpg

12_2_.jpg

They look great!!!!!

Today turn of their parents.

Daddy fish

daddy_fish.jpg

Mummy fish

mummy_fish.jpg

Daddy fish

daddy_b_fish.jpg

Ok guys these guys are doing well. Today is day 14th (2 weeks) since hatched, This is not a good photo i will post some good one tommorrow. I have installed a hood and light for them, i am using a small power filter just for 45 sec and the water in it will collect all the debris some unhatched as well as hatched shell of brine shrimp at middle of tank then I turn off the filter , collect those all with a rigid tube , thats how i m keeping them safe with fungus, pollution e.t.c. I add 2 litres of fish safe water every morning which is placed at side of aquarium in a bucket. Just wondering if i have to change water or just adding is fine. I was planning to change water only when they reach 3 months till then just adding.

This one i think has gone to mother Ranchu, and is comparatively small then other three siblings.

14_days.jpg

This one is same as rest of two except the above one.  i think these have gone to their father calico telescope.

14_days_b.jpg

I have grinned about 50 Grams of sinking pellet by "Kings fish lion head" and panning to feed them just a pinch from tomorrow. they might have bored :yawn  just having same baby brine shrimp only everyday. Yeah and i will be feeding them brine shrimp till they reach 3 month. Since i have just 4 of them i have enough budget to feed them any thing wht ever the cost. :flex:

Day 15

day_15.jpg

day_15_b.jpg

They're so cute!