Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
visualkeirockstar

How often/much do you have to top off your pond on a hot summer day.

10 posts in this topic

So everyday I have to top off about 2-3 inches daily during the hot days. I have a very small pond so it's not a lot of water I have to put in.

Welcome to Kokos!   Would you introduce yourself here?

What are the dimensions and volume of your pond? We would greatly appreciate some pond pictures.

Since we get almost daily summer thunderstorms in FL, rainfall usually exceeds evaporation. The ponds have overflow pipes to handle the excess.

Edit:  Oops!  I see you've been a member for a while.  I saw your post count and assumed you were brand new.  

Edited by shakaho

So everyday I have to top off about 2-3 inches daily during the hot days. I have a very small pond so it's not a lot of water I have to put in.

Roughly where in CA are you? Do you think that the major drought is causing your need to top-off? 

My pond used to drop about 2 inches a day due to leaks. Now that I fixed the leaks it's about a quarter inch a day. I have 3 waterfalls which create a lot of splashing which contributes to evaporation.

Are you worried you have a leak?

My pond used to drop about 2 inches a day due to leaks. Now that I fixed the leaks it's about a quarter inch a day. I have 3 waterfalls which create a lot of splashing which contributes to evaporation.

Are you worried you have a leak?

It probably is leaking but it seems to only do it during the summer. It's made of concrete.

Welcome to Kokos! Would you introduce yourself here?

What are the dimensions and volume of your pond? We would greatly appreciate some pond pictures.

Since we get almost daily summer thunderstorms in FL, rainfall usually exceeds evaporation. The ponds have overflow pipes to handle the excess.

Edit: Oops! I see you've been a member for a while. I saw your post count and assumed you were brand new.

I don't know. My pond is ugly and unprofessional. I'll be too embarrassed to post pictures.

Welcome to Kokos! Would you introduce yourself here?

Edit: Oops! I see you've been a member for a while. I saw your post count and assumed you were brand new.

I don't know. My pond is ugly and unprofessional. I'll be too embarrassed to post pictures.

Oh please we don't care! Post it up! Maybe we can help.

I've got ugly unprofessional ponds too.  

Me too.

I'm always wondering if I have a leak in the liner.

I fill it up a lot! 50 gallons at a time. Every 2-3 weeks?