Kokos Goldfish Forum
DieselPlower

Video after remodel. Moved filter, installed skimmer, dug it deeper.

Don't think that is really a skimmer.  Looks more like a sponge filter?  Never heard of anyone using a skimmer in freshwater before.  From what I have read on them they don't really do anything for freshwater.  

Great looking pond.

Are you thinking about a protein skimmer, Angie? 

A pond skimmer is just like a pool filter, in that it is made to clear the surface of a pond in a similar way that a pool filter clears debris from the surface of a pool. It also can double as a sort of biofilter, if you choose. 

Looks great!

What a ton of work. Hopefully that liner won't give you anymore trouble!

Next time it does I'm going 45 mil edpm or whatever. This one is too thin. Huge regret on going cheap on the liner!

Do you have any underlayment under the liner?

Next time it does I'm going 45 mil edpm or whatever. This one is too thin. Huge regret on going cheap on the liner!

Just a large tarp. Another mistake. However, I think the holes are coming g from when I step on the cinder blocks the plants are on and the corner digs into the liner.

You know, Jason, you could very easily convert the  shallow shelf into a standard partition bog filter as shown here.  Planting in the bog looks a lot better than pots, the plants grow better, and you get great filtration.

Thanks for the info. That is a good idea. There are 2 reasons I haven't done that at this point. 1, I don't want to throw all that rock in there because if I get more leaks, I will have to take them all out. So maybe after I get a thicker liner. 2, I like to be able to stand in the pond. If I made the bog I couldn't do that.

Thank you all for clearing that up.  Ya every time I saw the word skimmer I was thinking saltwater. lol This is good to know. Thank you

Just a large tarp. Another mistake. However, I think the holes are coming g from when I step on the cinder blocks the plants are on and the corner digs into the liner.

That'll do it :thumb: I just put in a pond and I used EPDM plus old carpeting as an underlayment. Hopefully I won't be taking it up any time soon. It still seems like it would be so easy to pop a hole in it even with the EPDM liner.

I have a feeling that will be much more reliable than mine.

I want a pond now .  . .   :thud

Me too!