Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

There are 95 goldfish in this gallon of water.

:rofl You already know that there will be one for you in the bunch! We have to breed someone to Mango and get some giants!

I almost think he is too lazy hahaha

They're Sencha's babies, so maybe such a beautiful oriental fish will get him up off his fins.  :tonge:  :lovewhip 

I can't wait to see them!

I have been looking really hard every day for signs of fins or anything. I want these babies to grow up too fast! :rofl

Lost another 2 tonight.

Bummer! My current batch of Cory cat fry have been dropping, too. I probably had fifty when I began and now, at a month old, we have closer to 35. They're big and healthy but every few days I randomly lose one or two for no apparent reason.

I'm actually relieved that it has been dropping. I had to cull for floatiness already, so things may be going my way regarding weeding everyone out that needs to be before they look like little goldfish.

The floatiness didn't happen to mine until much later (at least i think? How old are they?) and i think I'm a little jealous because of that. :rofl I probably would have been better about culling (by which i mean actually do it) if it had been that way.

Still a nice number though!

I am only expecting somewhere between 15-30 to make the cut, honestly, so yes it's a nice number! :)

Mine are 3 days older than this thread. :teehee

:thanks guys. :heart

I wish my fry "culled themselves " like yours lol. I lost hardly any naturally and ended up with way to many. Was so hard culling them and I didnt do near as many as I probably should have

I wish my fry "culled themselves " like yours lol. I lost hardly any naturally and ended up with way to many. Was so hard culling them and I didnt do near as many as I probably should have

Only two of my fry died naturally. I culled the rest myself by tossing them in the pond with their parents. They are just showing the issues early, not all dying early. I have been spending my mornings watching them and pulling fry that don't look like they're working right, then watching those until I can determine if there is a problem or not before I cull them. Last year I started early like this and wound up with quite a few fry still, since I had way more to start with.

Lost another 4 or so this morning. Today is WC day so I should be able to give an official count tonight.

Official count of today: 73.

"We're starting to get tails and learning how to be goldfish now."

Ooh i see sorry. Yea mine didnt start showing issues until they looked like fish lol

Oh my... only a week old and they are already picky! :o They have decided they like crushed ShoImpact better than the SuperGreen or AlgaeGel powders. :rofl I mixed the three things today so that they could pick and get more nutrition.

Oh my... only a week old and they are already picky! :o They have decided they like crushed ShoImpact better than the SuperGreen or AlgaeGel powders. :rofl I mixed the three things today so that they could pick and get more nutrition.

If you let them be picky at this age what will they be like when they are teenagers  :rofl

Today we have 70 fry.

71235a648d957a5749a1bd87787d2e38.jpg6e3e8527dd9ba5596bf523a1a12d8891.jpg91e9d668d87aaa815cccae13f1eada64.jpg8eddabc742f90724cf74b6fb64f0412d.jpg

ea8c9c3b13a2a7387785b6c5528ff470.jpg

Their tub is half-full now and they are munching on Ken's premium Bloodworm Flake

Sometimes I impatiently want them to become little goldfish right now. Fully-formed, pretty little goldfish. 

Sometimes I impatiently want them to become little goldfish right now. Fully-formed, pretty little goldfish. 

Impatience will be the end of humanity so wait :D

They're very tiny and cute :)

Lol i know that feeling! But they grow fast so wont be too long ;)

They are starting to get tails, so are harder to catch now. I just gave them their first dose of 'Clean Water' today, whereas before they were just getting WCs with water from their parents' pond. Right now we have about 80% clean water and 20% water from before the WC.