Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sieta

NLS Algae gel making water cloudy.

Title says it all, I'm having issues with new life spectrum algae gel making my water cloudy.

I have mixed it up by itself and with Hikari lion head formula added in. Both ways as soon as the fish start biting chunks off the water gets super cloudy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have had this problem too... one way I have gotten around it is to feed it to the fish when I take them out of their tanks... which works well with QT and having to move them to a holding bucket while I was cleaning their tanks... it meant they got used to me handling them, and also they think as soon as I start to pick them up they are getting NSL gel food and they love it so very very much!

The only other way I can feed it in the tank is in very small amounts.  I usually try to roll or cut it into mouth size pieces, that way they seem to get more of it to eat, and less gets wasted in the water... I also feed it down the filter end of the tank when I do this.

Edited by Ree

Ooh I hadn't even thought of cutting it into tiny bite size chunks. I'll try it, thanks :)

Ooh I hadn't even thought of cutting it into tiny bite size chunks. I'll try it, thanks :)

No problem Sieta, I don't know if it will work for you, but its worth a shot... I know my babies absolutely love this stuff, and they seem to digest it well too.

Yeah that's one reason I'm determined to stick with it, my one little ryukin was sick straight from the shop showing early signs of swimbladder problems. Even with a heavy and varried veggie diet she still had trouble and the other three outgrew her by twice her size or more until I tried this stuff. She does great on it and now she has almost caught up to the others with it.

Also, try reducing the water amount a little. It could be too soft.