Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Georgia

Georgia's Kitten Thread (pic heavy)

59 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago, my mother and I were driving in a parking lot when all of a sudden we saw a cat running across a busy highway towards us. Out of curiosity, as the cat passed us, I called out to her to see if she would approach me. Much to my surprise, she did, and was very friendly. The poor thing was pretty skinny and would probably be hit by a car if we left her, so on an act of sheer spontaneity, we decided just to take her. My mom named her Susie.

A few days later my mother took her to the vet to get her checked out. I got a phone call later during the day to hear that the cat was pregnant and giving birth in 2 weeks. :yikes

This past Saturday after I came home from work, I noticed she was acting off and very restless. She sat in her bed and began purring loudly and grooming herself consistently. When I noticed her stomach contracting, I knew the fateful moment had come. Within about half an hour she gave birth to her first kitten, and then two after that. I was there with her the whole time, and witnessing the births was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. They are doing wonderfully, and getting bigger every day.

Here are a few pictures. :)

Proud momma Susie :teehee

1278783_852487961453912_7638892935861016

11336968_852487481453960_243310284121213

11237592_852487551453953_693776405579929

kitten%201%20_zps3efqqpd0.jpg

1512183_852487601453948_6380438082865321

1493290_852487404787301_5689195939070405

DSC_00941_zps8slfwc7k.jpg

DSC_01071_zpsdhjfet0p.jpg

DSC_01001_zpsmz80vvdb.jpg

***** Please keep in mind that although raising kittens is a wonderful experience, I do not condone the deliberate breeding of cats to have kittens (unless you are an experienced and professional breeder). There are many kittens in shelters looking for homes already! Please consider adopting, and above all, always spay and neuter!! ****

I will update this thread periodically to follow their development. Enjoy! :D

:9 Squeeeeeeeee!!! :hi5 I'm so happy momma Susie and her cubs are all happy and healthy :wub: I'm very happy for you that you were there for her and got to experience the labor and delivery :heart

Are all the babes black and white? Are you keeping any?

What will you do with them? They're so cute!

Neat thread, Georgia!!  They are adorable!  

Two are black and white and one is all black. 2 boys and 1 girl. :teehee My mom wants to keep the girl (2nd picture). I don't know what we will do with the others yet. There's no way we can keep all three. That would be 6 cats total. :yikes The black one is most definitely the runt, but he is very rambunctious. :rofl

My mom named the girl Daisy and I insist we name the two boys Jay Gatsby and Nick Carraway. :rofl3

Edited by Georgia

Oh Georgia they are so so cute !!! :wub:

I can't wait to see how they grow!

If you're able to keep the babies till they're 8 weeks old and weigh 2 pounds, your local shelter should be happy to take any you can't place. We love getting happy, healthy, well-socialized kittens that weigh enough to be spayed/neutered and don't need to go into foster care because they're too young or too small.

If you place any yourself, there should be low-cost spay/neuter clinics in your area so you can fix them before you let someone take them. Adopters have good intentions but bad follow-through. I can help you find a good, inexpensive clinic in your area if you want, just let me know. :)

P.S. They're so cute I couldn't stop smiling at the pics! And Susie looks like a lovebug.

They are so freaking cute!!!! :heart :heart maybe I can persuade my Mom to take a male :P we want another male cat badly, but it's a no for now lol

Congrats grandma!!! :hi5

:heart KITTENS !! :heart  :wub: 

Oh my goodness, they're absolutely adorable!

What a cute little pile of sleepy heads! :wub:

Well done for caring for her :hi5 If she had survived the cars, goodness knows where she would have ended up giving birth

I think the all black male is my favourite :heart

They are all beautiful Georgia. It's a great thing that you did. Enjoy watching them grow! Best of luck with them whatever you decide to do.

Nusselig!  And I highly approve of the Mummy's name.  Susie can live with me and Nacho anytime.

All I can say is AW..... :heart

I've just shown these cuties to Stef & he thought they were piglets... :blink::idont:rofl

Edited by Black

Sooooo cute!

Very cute!

good luck finding homes :-)

I've just shown these cuties to Stef & he thought they were piglets... :blink::idont:rofl

Raised on a farm, was he :rofl

Raised on a farm, was he :rofl

:rofl2

They are piglets!! They've gained 20 grams since yesterday! :help::rofl3

They are sooooooo cute!!!!!!

Adorable!:heart

Why aren't there any more piglet pics? :bat:

The kittens are 2 weeks old today. :lisa:

They have fully opened their eyes and are beginning to learn to walk! :heart They are also now becoming more interactive and responsive. I set up a little professional photoshoot tonight. Here are some pics. :teehee

DSC_09681_zpsugic2aqj.jpg

My little brother calls this one Sasquatch because he has bigger feet than the other two kittens. :lol2

DSC_09821_zpsha9xq7kq.jpg

This is Daisy. We are keeping her. :D

DSC_10041_zpstdhcfq73.jpg

This one is the runt of the litter. I call him little black dude since he's the odd one out. :rofl

And here are some from my iPod:

IMG_12211_zps0s3bku1h.jpg

IMG_12221_zpsco12gz3e.jpg

This one always makes me laugh. :rofl