Sign in to follow this  
dctan12

The Unknown Goldfish

bubble%20eye%20pom%20pom%20celestial_zps

Blue_zpshernem8c.jpg

lionhead_zps6ixtycua.jpg

pom%20pom_zpsodgg24zs.jpg

Weid_zpsn2fnmsee.jpg

I don't know what their actually name been call. Can anyone enlighten? :help: Are they popular in your area where you stay?

Edited by dctan12

All these pics do is make me want to set up another tank filled with nothing but ranchu. :D  

The first two photos are called 'Telescope-eyed Ranchu' and the fourth is called a 'Pompom Ranchu.' Telescope-eyed ranchu are slightly rare in the USA, and I know of only one person who normally sells them, but he imports them from China. I haven't seen anywhere that sells Pompom Ranchus. The are very rare. To me, the third photo is a long-tailed lionhead. Those are rare where I live.The last photo is of a phoenix eggfish. Phoenix eggfish are rare where I live.

CheaseaM, thanks for the enlightment :thumbup2:

Chelsea, look at the first picture again. I believe I see celestial eyes and pompoms.

Dctan, I think you would have to use the Chinese name for these.  They aren't something you find here

yes first pic definatly celestial pom poms

Beautiful!!!!!

Chelsea, look at the first picture again. I believe I see celestial eyes and pompoms.

Dctan, I think you would have to use the Chinese name for these.  They aren't something you find here

Ah! I couldn't see the eyes with the brightness turned down. Yep, definitely pompom celestials.

There is a person on ebay selling a pom pom egg fish (like a ranchu) right now. It's local pick up in the Los Angeles area. Oh how I wish... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-0-Calico-Pompom-eggfish-live-goldfish-/321758928544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aea539ea0