Kokos Goldfish Forum

New purchase, large  ORANDA ,  it is 10 years since I buy any red and calico oranda and now will try to breed these beautiful creatures. waiting nearly 18 months for friend Genaro to call with the word that he has finally found something good and we rush out to KEM and  get them.I choose 8 nice fish 5 girls and 3 boys ( I hope). they range from  15 cm up to the grand black boy of 20 cm. are in excellent condition and enter standard  QT this week. soon arrive first alarm when last night (day 4) notice them to be at top of tank. the red lip oranda tells me to check water (pictured)and I nearly fall down as the NO2 reads 3mg+ . 100% dual water changes and new pump . today repeat water changes .this will continue until filter catches up with these pigs. in last picture of full tank view the year old telescopes butterflys can be seen in lower tank and look like a bunch of babys in size.

P1150137_zpsv8i0e8mx.jpg

P1150175_zpslmgoxf9c.jpg

red lips says check the water stupid

P1150216_zpskaftozqi.jpg

stupid checks water and it is NO2 full

P1150233_zpsuwdjd86l.jpg

water change, note in lower tank the year old telescope buttery fly which look sooo small.

P1150242_zpssckybgqf.jpg

big black about 20 cm

P1150237_zpsvg5vixtl.jpg

calicos

P1150241_zpsp4k0plkv.jpg

these i hope to breed soon and now prepare the breed tanks.

Oh wow they are absolutely stunning! Congrats! :D

Can't wait to see their offspring, I'm sure they will be beauties too!

Good luck with qt, hopefully it will all go swimmingly now you're on top of the water quality :)

Awesome fish! Love the calicos!

Great fish!  In shape, a few of them remind me of HinFin's orandas

Beautiful fish.

Beautiful! Loving the calicos you chose. :)

They're BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to see how the breeding goes. Bravo!

:hi I don't think I've seen you on here in a while.  Your new fish are gorgeous.  I laughed at your comments about your fish telling you to check the water.  He's a smart fish.  :teehee That's great that you listened to him.  May you get a lot of beautiful fry with them.

:hi I don't think I've seen you on here in a while.  Your new fish are gorgeous.  I laughed at your comments about your fish telling you to check the water.  He's a smart fish.  :teehee That's great that you listened to him.  May you get a lot of beautiful fry with them.

yeah been a while.  after you put a gender to the smart fish I ran back and looked again as I believe that fish is girl. and yes I do hope to get something nice from these parings. thanks.

OK your right that picture is the boy and the girl also has the "red lips" very nice too I think I will pair those two.

Edited by mikroll

Great fish!  In shape, a few of them remind me of HinFin's orandas

sorry but I do not know the fish farm "HinFin" are they China?  these fish are from Israel.

yeah been a while.  after you put a gender to the smart fish I ran back and looked again as I believe that fish is girl. and yes I do hope to get something nice from these parings. thanks.

Sorry that I made you go look. hehehe  I was just calling your fish a gender and *he* is what I said.  I like it better than a *it*. :(  Well, you have a smart, beautiful, girl. :)

Sorry that I made you go look. hehehe  I was just calling your fish a gender and *he* is what I said.  I like it better than a *it*. :(  Well, you have a smart, beautiful, girl. :)

I think you should go back and read the edit, smart fish IS a boy, your right .thanks

HinFin is a member here, from the Netherlands.

You have beautiful stock!

Beautiful fish! Thank you for sharing pics of them with us.

You have beautiful stock!

Yes I agree these are nice but we waited nearly 18 months to get them. So far 5 days with me and they arrived 3 days before , but  they seem to be in good shape with  very little problems which I shall fix. I think that when dealing with adult fish there is always a high risk for loss and some kinds of problems related to travel.

Like others have said, the fish are beautiful :) Enjoy and wish you well with them.

Beautiful Goldfish!!!!!!

after 4prettyfish indicated that Mr.Smartfish is a "he" and I checked again. I asked myself how could i mistake that? Easy as I have 4 red head red lip red/white oranda that all look almost  alike. so  i say lets name him HeShe but wife says that name is not good idea so we try SheHe and that not so good so now I think,  well.. we have he, she and it so we call him SheIt but that not so good either,.

I now present picture of 3 of them as they do the thank you dance for the nice water changes. and i was up until 2am watching the water and then at 6 am I find EGGS in the spawn mop, now Who did that?  just a little warm up test run with new moon, big event later.

P1150269_zpscycj2pjl.jpg