Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Tortoise pellets for Fish Gel Food?

I received some free Exo Terra European Tortise Juvenile food pellets and I was wondering if it would be a good additive to my gel food recipe.  Here are the ingredients and guaranteed analysis:

Ingredients: Dehydrated alfalfa meal, rice hull, glycerol, wheat flour, potato flour, corn gluten meal, fish meal, lignocellulose, calcium carbonate, corn oil, dicalcium phosphate, salt, aloe vera gel concentrate, aluminum magnesium metasilicate, anise, Chinese cassia, choline chloride, DL-methionine, dried endive, dried papaya, garlic, ginger, juniper extract, licorice, paprika, silicon dioxide, sodium bicarbonate, lecithin, yeast extract, ferrous carbonate, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, vitamin E supplement, niacin, betacarotene, cupric sulfate, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min): 11.0%, Crude Fat (min): 2.0%, Crude Fiber (max): 24.0%, Moisture (max): 13.0%, Calcium (min): 0.9%, Calcium (max): 1.3%, Phosphorus (min): 0.4%, Vitamin A (min): 20 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 (min): 10 IU/kg.

I don't think so. The first six ingredients are filler products. This means that they make up the majority of the food. The analysis is not very appealing either, with most of the food being made of pure fiber and not much nutrient. 

Fish need more algae and green leafy stuff. I think these ingredients would make them floaty IMHO. :idont