Kokos Goldfish Forum

The LFS I was at today didn't have prime, they said they use and carry alpha instead. It seems to be a more concentrated version of prime, 1 mL treats 15 gallons/60 liters (vs 1mL of prime for 40 liters). It says it removes chlorine, chloramine, and ammonia and detoxifies nitrite and nitrate. I did notice it doesn't mention heavy metals like my bottle of prime does. I don't think heavy metals are a particular concern in my area's tap water, but are small levels still worth neutralizing? Also, it says it's designed for saltwater and reef tanks but the guy at the LFS says he uses it for all his freshwater fish too. Is there generally any difference between salt and freshwater conditioners? He's relatively well regarded in the area so I bought it but I thought I would ask on here just in case. Anyone have thoughts?

Thank you!

Seachem says it's for saltwater.  I'd believe them.  You can get Prime at the big box stores.  I suggest you take this back, go to a pet store and get Prime.