Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
FishyMandy

A New Kitty

34 posts in this topic

He is eating and drinking on his own now, well with minimal encouragement. He follows me around and looks for me when im not nearby..makes leaving him to go to work very difficult! if i get him to sleep and go off to do something like shower and he wakes up and im not there ill find him sitting up looking around and mewing the moment he sees me x3

Awww poor little baby kitten! Good thing you saved him!

FIP and Cat Flu are separate illnesses. But both are highly contagious. FIP has a very high mortality rate but Cat Flu has better survival rate as long as the cat is not too weak, mostly effects kittens and old cats. But cats of any age can get this disease.

Cat Flu info:

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-flu.htm

http://www.catbreedsjunction.com/cat-flu.html

I sure hope your little kitty feels better very soon! He sure is a cute little fur ball :wub:

Thanks so much for that info!

One thing I'm unsure of...my other cats are vaccinated, will they need to continue to remain separate all the time or once Cody's symptoms are gone is it safe to let them meet? I know Cody will have it his whole life but is it contagious still when he isn't showing symptoms?

As long as your other cats are vaccinated they will be ok.

We mind our sons cat when they go away and our cats are vaccinated.

Honestly Mandy.....it's a real bummer that he has it. But trust me.......you and him will forget about it in time and he will just be cuddly Cody for you and he'll have a happy life. It won't affect him in anyway except for having teary eyes and that won't be all the time.

As long as your other cats are vaccinated they will be ok.

We mind our sons cat when they go away and our cats are vaccinated.

Honestly Mandy.....it's a real bummer that he has it. But trust me.......you and him will forget about it in time and he will just be cuddly Cody for you and he'll have a happy life. It won't affect him in anyway except for having teary eyes and that won't be all the time.

Thanks so much! I was mainly worried about it getting to my other guys :)

Cody now weighs about 430 grams :D he is putting on weight so well x3 He still sneezes a bit but his eyes and nose are looking so much better.

That is fantastic news, good for you. He has a wonderful life now because of you.

Qw6Wqc5.jpg

Y1RsTzP.jpg

5ssDgoA.jpg

hsnv47W.jpg

nagZTba.jpg

qADNUKY.jpg

zM6eN5T.jpg

(His eyes look funkier than usual in the last pic, I think its a combination of angle, flash and a bad eye day)