Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
FishyMandy

A New Kitty

34 posts in this topic

We got this kitty from a home where he was not being looked after - I don't want to say much more than that, and that things are being dealt with. Unfortunately we could only get him. He went to the vet before we even took him home. He is very tiny, most likely should still be with his mum, but at least one of his littermates had already died. I think he is about 4 weeks old, though the vet said he could be as old as 6 weeks and stunted due to being ill.

The vet thinks he has cat flu, so we have to keep him away from our other cats even though they are vaccinated, and be extra viligant with hand washing etc. 

He has medication now, and hopefully with some TLC he will come good :heart: In two weeks we will go back to the vet and he will have a proper check up, or we will go back sooner if he doesn't improve.

He has eaten a tiny bit of wet food but much prefers the kitten milk. He can walk around, and pee and poop on his own. He has been sleeping a lot today but right now he is sitting on my shoulder. he is quite alert considering how he looks. Here are some photos, you can see how bad his eyes are and that they have been that way for a while since he has lost fur around them.

On the way to the vet

MtLsmHl.jpg

As soon as we got home he became alert enough to get captivated by fish

4rlQFnp.jpg

Fast Asleep

s7K0fId.jpg

Ah, sweet little fellow.  :heart  :heart  :heart  I hope he starts to improve.  He looks quite a bit like our Nacho looked when he was little.

P1017025_zpseece3112.jpg

That stuff makes me cry, its so sad but good for you, he will now know what its like to have love and care. I admire people who do that.

Poor little guy. He looks like a real sweetie, glad he went to a loving home. :)

I just weighed him - he is only 338grams :yikes

He does like to explore, but only for a short amount each time. He is very fast though! I avert my eyes for a second and he has disappeared :o He is quite alert but tires quickly.

Well with the care of the vet hopefully he will get better. He is so cute. What a tiny baby, he needs to fatten up, he will with your love.

Oh the poor little thing. They can live a happy life with cat flu and hopefully it will only flare up occasionally.

My sons cat is 5 now caught cat flu as a kitten and he enjoys a great. They just keep his eyes cleaned well.

I'm going to do my very best for him, I'm broke right now after todays vet visit alone but am now getting things together that I can sell for extra money and chasing people who owe me money :P I too hope it wont flare up a lot, but it's good to hear of good experiences with cat flu :D Going to have a few sleepless nights coming up I think

Cute kitten.

Hope the little guy bounces back soon.

Good luck.

:)

What a little cutiepie!  I hope your new baby gets better very soon. :heart

He's so cute :heart and tiny :thud I'm glad he's got somebody to love him now :D

He looks like a lover :) So glad you saved him. Breaks my heart to see little ones or any cat in that state :(

Awwwww.... I am so pleased you found him, but I am jealous too!  He is just way toooooo cuuuuuute!  :hi

Poor kitty. So glad you can care for him.

I'm so glad he's in your care. He's cute!

Thank you everyone! He spent the whole night cuddled up to me, refused to leave my side. He ate more of his wet food this morning as well as some more kitten milk.

Mandy, just to let you worry a little less. My sons kitten looked very much like yours with the wet teary eyes when he found it in the bush dumped.

Lucky is now a very beautiful cat that enjoys a perfect happy and loving life. There is no difference between Lucky and the other cats except at times his eyes water

and my son and daughter in law just wipe his eyes and clean his face up. In everyway he's just a normal active (and also lazy) cat.

Your kittens eyes should improve dramatically now that it has some warmth and some food, though they will never be perfect.......but that won't affect your love for your new fur baby and he will be a happy normal cat.

Thanks Jim xxx

I hope he recovers soon!!! :heart he's just precious!!! Good for you for rescuing him :bughug

Thanks Mikey! He is so attached to me, I get up to do water changes and the little thing climbed down off the couch and sneaked outside to find me! :yikes

Is cat flu the same as FIP? (We don't call it cat flu around here.) If so, it's possible for a cat to live a long healthy life with it with only very occasional flare-ups. My beloved kitty Gidget has FIP and only has minor flares every year or two. She's happy and healthy and the apple of my eye.

Does Mister Sassy Pants have a name yet??? He's darling! And lucky you came into his life, too.

I'm actually not sure if it's the same thing, I think it might be.

And yes! I've decided to name him Cody :)

My friends cat is named Cody too!

Awww, he's a cutie! I love how he already noticed and took interest in the fish! I'm glad you were able to rescue him!  :heart

He's soooooo adorable!!!!! That's GREAT you rescued him!!!!!!!