Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
all4koi

Flake bloodworms vs Frozen bloodworms

I did an big order from Ken's Fish and also ordered their premium flake bloodworms to try. Here's the linky so you can see the ingredients.

http://www.kensfish.com/cgi-kensfish/sb/ss_mb.cgi?storeid=*14884f2aaab140560cc4d786&ss_parm=A55f7e0943826b9802ffef6579a6bd6d3

So the question is, has anyone used these for grooming in place of frozen bloodworms? I'd like to think that this could be a good replacent for juvenile growth development especially wens. Your thoughts? Or experiences I'd used this before? Thanks!

Edited by all4koi

I prefer frozen bloodworms, even for young fish. 6 weeks is about when I started last year's babies on FBW, with betta-sized cubes since they also have the smallest worms.

Right now I am only using the Ken's because I can't get FBW where I live. :(

Edited by ChelseaM

Personally, I prefer frozen.  For me, feeding frozen bloodworms is an opportunity to provide your fish with a protein that is as close to the pure live food as possible.  This flake version, though still high in protein, is further processed much like a pellet, has a lot of additives and sort of defeats the purpose  :twocents