Kokos Goldfish Forum

My family and I made our annual journey to Chicago this weekend for some Windy City fun! The part I was most looking forward to was meeting up with Jared again. :teehee We had a great time (or at least I did :tomuch: ). We met for lunch then headed to Old Town Aquarium, the store where Jared just got his large R&W oranda. :D

The store is in the area of Chicago called Old Town hence the name :rofl
33bf60cb0cde5d772f3df16c34caafda.jpg

409bd2d5158a9fd0c3b6cf31b95b13a3.jpg

It is an awesome store! They had 2 large black moors in a tank with several small fantails. As Jared discussed the pros and cons of the large showy moors, I was all :wub: "Look at the tiny fantails". :rofl

We stayed a while and I left without a fish . . . well, unless you count this pleco. :rofl3
57c5ed079d414b790aefe1827d2aa447.jpg

I met my family at Dave and Busters and told them about the fish. I debated whether or not to go back. "You're already overstocked, Lisa" "You will need to set up another tank if you do it, Lisa" . . . .

My family encouraged me to go back (even my husband was throwing out all kinds of possibilities as to where the new tank could go. :rofl I think he just wanted me to FINALLY use the stand for my 40B that we got last year in Chicago that's still in the box. :tomuch:

Anyway, of course, I decided to get it. (With some encouragement from Aubrey :teehee ) I walked back to the fish store and watched for quite a while. There was one I went back for in particular but then as I watched them, there were 2 other calicos that caught my eye. I narrowed it down to one and went for it!! :nana So without further ado, here is my new calico fantail (still no name :D ).  S/he weighs in at a whopping 4.7 g.  :flex:

445b1faebcc4c2092a39a38079c212ca.jpg

8bfdfd427f740628b8166f4d9cf14470.jpg

d1c1cb723d59644a84737c08821ad27d.jpg

I've already bored all the subbies with this but I thought I'd bore the rest of the forum. :rofl

:lisa:

YAAAAAY!!!!! :pianobanana

What a pretty cali!  And that pleco is the cutest little thing I've seen!  I think the side of my main tank needs one too ;)

Lol! We all need them! :rofl3

They're going to wonder why they are suddenly having a run on stuffed plecos. :rofl3

:clapping::tbanana

Yayyyyy!!!!!

That was a fun read, Lisa.  You have such a supportive husband or is he an enabler?  :)  I think it's awesome.

I love the pleco and your new fish is a little beauty.

He just knows how much I (and the kids) enjoy it.  :teehee  And doesn't complain when i get frustrated, sell my 90 gallon and all the equipment, only to go back to a 75 a couple years later.  :rofl3

Gorgeous!!! S/he is going to be a stunner, no doubt!!! :heart

He just knows how much I (and the kids) enjoy it.  :teehee  And doesn't complain when i get frustrated, sell my 90 gallon and all the equipment, only to go back to a 75 a couple years later.  :rofl3

Awe!  What a keeper.  :)

All that would have been fun, especially the Shedd Aquarium :D  I don't live too terribly far from Chicago. That is nice that we both have new Calico fishes though ;) You don't have any ideas for a name yet?

Enjoyed reading that story and love the new fish :)

These high-backed fantails are just beautiful. Steve has some on his site, and now you have one in your tank! :heart Congrats, Lisa. 

Good man your hubby. :)  Sounds a lot like my boyfriend who puts up with me taking down many tanks, vowing that I will sell them and downsize, only to put them back up a few months later when I see fish I just HAVE TO HAVE.  :rofl  

Grats Lisa! You picked a good one!

:rockon I love your high backed fantail! :D I'm only mildly jelly :rofl I'm looking forward to you turning her into a magnificent Jaredish monster fish :lol2

:Congrats:

Edit: when I saw the title, I wanted to make sure I got in :devil:

:lol2

Edited by Flipper

:rockon I love your high backed fantail! :D I'm only mildly jelly :rofl I'm looking forward to you turning her into a magnificent Jaredish monster fish :lol2

:Congrats:

Want. to. cause. TROUBLE.  Must not!   :ignore  :ignore  :ignore  :ignore

Thanks everyone!!! S/he's in 0.3% salt and doing well, eating like a champ. :rofl

And I've run out of likes. :rofl3

Thanks everyone!!! S/he's in 0.3% salt and doing well, eating like a champ. :rofl

And I've run out of likes. :rofl3

Ummm hmmmm, sounds convenient that you've ran out of like just now :pp

:rofl2

I am not the devil...I just work for him  :devilangel

I am not the devil...I just work for him  :devilangel

Look who found some likes :lisa:

What a cute calico, Lisa!  And, all of the fish I have bought there have turned into beautiful adults :)

...and massive :rofl