Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Kayla102968

Housey (the cat) and his best friend Neapolitan the fish :)

9 posts in this topic

Housey our cat loves to drink out of the 2 tanks inside the house.  He especially loves Neapolitan (the fish) and loves to watch him swim.  Not once has he ever tried to use his paws to touch the fish...he only stares and drinks.  Neapolitan keeps hoping I'm sure that one day Housey is going to drop some fish food in the tank...because he always comes up to him when he is drinking.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/20150405_092212_zpscqw7peyw.jpg

You can see Neapolitan's little red head come up above the water to check out Housey in this photo:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/20150405_092202_zpsfadt3yaq.jpg

Here is the last photo:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/20150405_092141_zpsifzzlfzu.jpg

Very cute photo's and your cat is so pretty.   I'd be hesitant with your kitty drinking any tank water though.  You'd definitely want to cover up with lid if meds are ever in water. 

Thanks. Yes...there are no meds in the water. I always wondered if prime affects pets but I know my dogs drank out of the pond and I haven't read anywhere about prime being bad for pets when diluted as in water.

:teehee

It's sooooooo :heart until it's :yikes does your cat have claws? It might figure out that it could scoop that little out and nomnomnom it :feedme

I know your not supposed to consume fish that were in primed water. If it were me I wouldn't allow my pet to drink those chemicals :idont

But the pictures are priceless :wub:

It's sooooooo :heart until it's :yikes does your cat have claws? It might figure out that it could scoop that little out and nomnomnom it :feedme

I know your not supposed to consume fish that were in primed water. If it were me I wouldn't allow my pet to drink those chemicals :idont

But the pictures are priceless :wub:

The cat has his own water but for some reason prefers the tank.  He never puts his paws in the water at all so far, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on him.  Sometimes he stares for a long time on the outside of the tank while he lies beside it.  I have had cats growing up as a child and they always drank out of the guppy tanks too.  Never had a cat grab a guppy either.  It's been five months and the cat still hasn't gone any farther than just drinking...hopefully it stays that way until I can get the fish back out into the pond. 

I read somewhere on the net from a Vet in Canada who said that if the Prime does not hurt the fish living in it,  it will not hurt the cat drinking it and that any bacteria and nitrates and ammonia would become toxic to the fish living in it, before it would affect the cat drinking it.  That being said, the fish will soon be outside and poor Housey will be back to drinking out of his cat bowl :).  Maybe I'll have to get him one of those cat waterers that have the water moving...but they are so darn expensive :).

Awwww so cute ;) My Siamese likes to drink out of the 5 gallon Betta tank, but I stop her from doing that when I catch her. I think it is because she likes the running water so I am going to buy her a cat drinking fountain bowl. Some are expensive yes, but I seen pretty inexpensive ones too. :D

Fish of gold - thanks for the info...where have you seen the inexpensive ones and how much are they? :) . Thanks.

TD's Old kitty Mookie was like that... She would jump on the tanks and drink the water, she liked it much better than regular water :lol3