Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

Early Mother's Day Raffle

I gots an itch :P

0b397aa4df1d06521700fd7033235347.jpg

Oh sweet Leto, can you possibly be any cuter than you already are? :wub:

Leto makes me want a bird. But I already have too many animals. And I'm not sure my cat would be nice to a birdy. 

When I used to have birds, my 5 cats were afraid of them :teehee The cats would run and hide as soon as I let them out of their cages :rofl

But the cat I have now I'm not sure I'd trust her with a bird. Her hunting instinct is so strong. If it was bigger than a cockatiel maybe I'd trust her.....Maybe! :glare:

I want a bird. But I've not had much luck keeping them in the past :idont:

Edited by FishyMandy

Ok first up on the gift.... a KG Shirt.... :o

I won't know what to do with myself once my son quits waking up so early and I actually get a full night's sleep.

What do you mean you haven't had good luck? :o

Leto makes me want a bird. But I already have too many animals. And I'm not sure my cat would be nice to a birdy.

It only takes a split second for a mortal incident to happen. I have to keep reminding myself that because Leto and Dooley seem to coexist so nicely.

When I used to have birds, my 5 cats were afraid of them :teehee The cats would run and hide as soon as I let them out of their cages :rofl

But the cat I have now I'm not sure I'd trust her with a bird. Her hunting instinct is so strong. If it was bigger than a cockatiel maybe I'd trust her.....Maybe! :glare:

:o yes! Every animal is different! Dooley's prey drive is less in the house but outside he's a maniac :crazy:

3 times...one day they were acting completely normal...next they were dead :cry: i think im cursed.

Birds' systems are very sensitive. My girl linnies died because one spring, a neighbor 2  doors down  was fertilizing their lawn and I had my windows open. :no:

Birds' systems are very sensitive. My girl linnies died because one spring, a neighbor 2  doors down  was fertilizing their lawn and I had my windows open. :no:

:yikes

2..... Fancy Goldfish Book!

OMG! That's awful! A lot of my silly neighbors use ferts! I'll baton down the hatches :hug

3 times...one day they were acting completely normal...next they were dead :cry: i think im cursed.

You never knew the causes of deaths? :( how sadz :(

:bighug

Indoor pollutants are just as bad. :(

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

lotion/soap/hand sanitizer 

hairspray/mousse/gel/etc.

houseplants

The list goes on and on.:(

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

houseplants

The list goes on and on. :(

^^ This is a reason I'm a bit scared of having birds, even if I could have one. It seems there is a lot they are sensitive to that I just might simply forget about and accidentally bring around them. A friend in a support group who is very aware of these things accidentally forgot one day and used a brand new teflon pan with her windows closed. Her bird went into respiratory failure hours later and died. It was devastating for her and her family. 

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

houseplants

The list goes on and on.:(

Yes! I am aware of these :o

I use coco butter lotion for my dry skin and I apply it in the basement. Leto doesn't ever taste me. Do you think it ok?

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

houseplants

^^ This is a reason I'm a bit scared of having birds, even if I could have one. It seems there is a lot they are sensitive to that I just might simply forget about and accidentally bring around them. A friend in a support group who is very aware of these things accidentally forgot one day and used a brand new teflon pan with her windows closed. Her bird went into respiratory failure hours later and died. It was devastating for her and her family. 

Yeah all of that I had always watched out for. I will even close the windows when the lawn care people come to spray their fertilizer, weed killer and for the exterminator when he sprays around the perimeter of my home outside. In the summer, my town has a truck that drives around at night spraying mosquito fogger.

And with houseplants some that are non toxic to cats/dogs can be toxic to birds.

Other hazards some people don't think of when their birds are out of their cage...

Hot pots and pans, hot oil and boiling water on the stove.

Ceiling Fans

The toilet lid should be down or door closed

Answering the door and standing with it open to talk to whoever came to your door

Washing machine and dryer

Dish washer

sink or tub full of water

children's toys that can break if chewed on

windows that birds can fly into

open fish tanks, even if only a small part of the water is exposed

flea/tick spot on meds or powder on your other pets

Foods off limits to birds:

Pits from fruit and the fruit flesh that is very close to it. Cut only fruit that is far from the pit to feed your bird.

Apple seeds have arsenic

Chocolate

Avocado 

Onion

salty foods

Rhubarb

Mushrooms

Garlic

Tomatoes

Celery

peanuts

Sorry I made this list so long. I just don't want the birdies to get sick or hurt :(

Yes, I'm keeping Leto's wings clipped for a while :( it's for his own safety and because of my newbieness and clueless :o

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

houseplants

I use coco butter lotion for my dry skin and I apply it in the basement. Leto doesn't ever taste me. Do you think it ok?

You should wash your hands before handling Leto or his dishes, or toys. He could ingest any reside you leave behind on his feathers, feet or surfaces.

teflon

non stick cookware

silicone

self cleaning ovens

candles

air freshers

household cleaners

aerosol sprays

perfume

houseplants

You should wash your hands before handling Leto or his dishes, or toys. He could ingest any reside you leave behind on his feathers, feet or surfaces.

Ok. I will. I try to anyway. I use Dawn dish soap. Are you bird peops thinking this is ok?

Dawn Dish Soap for what? Washing Leto's stuff?

Oops such a late reply, but no I never knew the causes for their deaths ;-; So as much as I'd love to have a bird some day I don't think I'll ever get anymore