Kokos Goldfish Forum
FishyMandy

My Golden Adventure

Oh no I don't mean wiggles like that, just like straight up looking they have no control lol. 

So I don't know exactly why, but something small told me to stick it out for a while longer when I was getting ready to euth at least the two showing symptoms.

Now Colas Scales are completely flat, Lucys are almost there too. They are both looking and acting a ton better.

So what I've decided to do is finish up the full course of meds, then do a minimum 6 week QT, med free. If any relapse during that time they will be euthed. 
It is frustrating since I just want to nuke the tank and use it for my tropicals but telling myself patience is needed lol. I can't bring myself to euth when I feel they will be ok, will just take lots of extra precautions. 

Sounds like a plan. I can't say to nuke if the fish are showing improvement. The issues I had were all linked to imports. The fish did not show any improvements whatsoever after two weeks and I kept trying to treat even though they were worsening and many had begun to die off. In the end, there was no point and I would have wasted less time and money and less babies would have had to suffer if I had just put them all down after about a week.

I went the extra precaution route with the import I got a few months ago. Quarantine way away from anybody and observe carefully. Sure enough, he begun to spit food and show signs of parasites. NONE of the other fish I have showed signs of this at ALL. I did try Praziquantel for maybe 4-5 days with no improvement. Then I switched to Flubendazole, which works better, also no improvement.

Rather than tank more money and meds into a fish that I didn't know what he had and that I couldn't seem to treat with typical stuff that works, I put him down. I won't risk contamination and he wasn't getting better. I will never buy another import and hopefully I never ever have such an issue again. 

I'm happy the cute little one is getting better. I really like her. Hoping she makes it and can stay with you. 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:28 AM, FishyMandy said:

Oh no I don't mean wiggles like that, just like straight up looking they have no control lol. 

Ah. I was about to say. They are wigglers. They don't swim super well but they definitely should not have SBD. If the tanks at the stores have currents, it can push them around. They do REALLY bad with currents. 

Try to maybe find a TEENSY TINY one and grow him up. A lot of the bigger ones for sale were grown out too quickly which really seems to be bad for them. Many young but large fish have SBD. 

Yea, if any of these guys start to go backwards they'll be euthed to avoid more suffering.

So far they seem to be doing well still 

So a bit of an update, not great I'm afraid.

Not long after my last post, there was an accident when doing a WC and Cola was injured. He seemed to be in shock for about half hour but then went back to acting normally and his injuries seemed to be healing nicely.

Unfortunately Lucy stopped improving, her scales never went completely flat, and then she started getting red blotches all through her wen and around her eyes. 
This morning I got up and Cola was floating on his side, curled around. He looked great last night so it was a very sudden decline. he was still alive but had no energy to right himself or move away from

Both Lucy and Cola are now gone

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I lost one recently too. 

Yea, it sucks. Hopefully the other 3 will continue to do well. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:47 AM, FishyMandy said:

So a bit of an update, not great I'm afraid.

Not long after my last post, there was an accident when doing a WC and Cola was injured. He seemed to be in shock for about half hour but then went back to acting normally and his injuries seemed to be healing nicely.

Unfortunately Lucy stopped improving, her scales never went completely flat, and then she started getting red blotches all through her wen and around her eyes. 
This morning I got up and Cola was floating on his side, curled around. He looked great last night so it was a very sudden decline. he was still alive but had no energy to right himself or move away from

Both Lucy and Cola are now gone

Im sorry to hear this. Dropys is the worst of all the things they can get. I hate it so much I can spot it so easily :( 

I sure hope its over :hug 

Thanks Koko x Mirinda (the Orange Chu) is very slightly pineconed at the moment, but I've just finished the last course of meds and I've used so much on them I'm not dosing anymore, I think the meds themselves could be causing issues at this stage so I'm just going to go with super clean water and observation. If it gets worse I'll have to euth him too :(

5 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thanks Koko x Mirinda (the Orange Chu) is very slightly pineconed at the moment, but I've just finished the last course of meds and I've used so much on them I'm not dosing anymore, I think the meds themselves could be causing issues at this stage so I'm just going to go with super clean water and observation. If it gets worse I'll have to euth him too :(

Oh no! I remember my fish Deedee. she had drops 3 times and popeye once. I had treated her so many times to keep it under-control and it never seemed to bother her but at one point I was like you. I just couldn't keep throwing meds at her and see her like this. 

Im sorry Many :( 

So Mirinda is looking a lot better now

However I found Pascal, one of my shubunkins, dead in the pond today :c It unfortunately looked like he had been gone for a while. I feel bad because while I can't recall seeing him for a few days, with all the plants and hiding spots in there I rarely see all of the fish every day and as long as I dont see anyone struggling/looking ill or any bodies I don't worry, but found his body today :( I really need to get in there and clean out a bunch of the plants, the hornwort is just taking over. I culled about half of it a month ago and its already got a thick layer all over the pond again.

13 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

So Mirinda is looking a lot better now

However I found Pascal, one of my shubunkins, dead in the pond today :c It unfortunately looked like he had been gone for a while. I feel bad because while I can't recall seeing him for a few days, with all the plants and hiding spots in there I rarely see all of the fish every day and as long as I dont see anyone struggling/looking ill or any bodies I don't worry, but found his body today :( I really need to get in there and clean out a bunch of the plants, the hornwort is just taking over. I culled about half of it a month ago and its already got a thick layer all over the pond again.

Oh no :( That always breaks my heart :(

Im glad she's felling better now, let hope that keeps up :hug 

A few photos for you

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

I love that second photo Mandy. You know you always take some amazing photos. :heart

Thanks Koko xx Here's some more

I'll throw in some of my tropicals too

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Number 5 is my favorite in this group. Those corycats are just too cool to see close up. You can see that the scales look like armor. :thumbs: