Kokos Goldfish Forum
FishyMandy

My Golden Adventure

Thank you guys :heart He was a special one

I'm pretty frustrated atm. Woke up to find Jasmine had wedged herself between the filter intake and the glass and was slightly pineconed. Every time I moved her away she went back there.

I regret bringing in new fish again now. Seems I always end up with problems after bringing in new fish, even when the new guys are quarantined with completely separate equipment and seem perfectly healthy. Idk might just be coincidence but it's really upsetting and frustrating

Sorry to hear about Jasmine Mandy.  :hug

Thanks Dawn, she is hanging in there but I'm really not sure what to do right now

Jasmine passed away today :(

:( I'm sorry Mandy :hug

Thanks Amy :hug  She went downhill very very fast, so it was quick for her at least

I guess that's something, although I know it doesn't make it any easier.

She was so pretty - obviously as she won GotW. I'd like to get another tele to replace Terry, but I have this feeling they're not as hardy as oranda/ranchu, so I'm kinda put off. Teles sure do grab your heart when you find the right one though. Hugs.

IM so sorry for your loss Mandy.   :hug RIP Jasmine.

Thanks Dawn xx

On January 28, 2018 at 9:45 PM, FishyMandy said:

Jasmine passed away today :(

Im so sorry to hear this :hug 

Thanks Koko :hug

So wow there is a lot I haven't posted on here!

I've got several new fish since the last time I posted here, I've lost a couple too.

I will come back and try to do a big update soon, but in the mean time I had to say, I just realized that it has been over TEN YEARS since I got my first fish! April 2008 was when I got my first fish

:wa 

Ok lets see if I can update on what I've missed since I last updated in *checks* January O_O Oops

In February I got this gorgeous little tele, Marmalade
iAWb29X.jpg

Picture from when I got him

hE3OdLX.jpg

Picture from earlier this month. He hasn't grown much but his red/orange has turned into more of a yellow and he doesn't look so pink anymore.

In April, I lost my pearlscale, Kolo, and my Red and White Comet, Picasso, both to dropsy. Picasso passed on her own while I had to euth Kolo :(

In May, My friend got a fish tank, but it came with 5 fish she didn't want. So I ended up taking on three comets (Halley, Ceasar and Skiff) and two Calico Fantails (Romeo and Juliet) Romeo died on the last day of his QT, I was using the pond to QT them all in and on the last day I found him laying upside down on the bottom, barely breathing and barely able to move, so I opted to just euthanize him.

Here are the comets when I got them
t5Cgjq6.jpg
DdhfRPL.jpg

And since I never had Romeo and Juliet in a tank (the comets were in a tank for a couple of days until I got the fantails too and then I moved them all to the small pond as a QT) I never got good pictures of them, but here are some of them in their old home before I took them. (Originally their old owner was going to keep them and just give me the comets, but she decided she really wanted to pick out her own fish so I agreed to take on the fantails too)
B9bbcxH.jpg

ov5vU9Z.jpg

And here's the comets late last month
aJ1Dtgj.jpg

FVUwcFa.jpg

nA0C9Hc.jpg

D38BzE8.jpg

And Juliet

viHnt1M.jpg

In August, I caved while wandering the pet shop and bought these two home with me, a Black telescope Nymph named Muddle and a Calico Fantail named Misty. I only have photos from their QT as they are now enjoying life outside, though Muddle will probably come back in because I can't see him against the black pond liner :rofl 

KOieiiI.jpg

Ev3lrhv.jpg

I'm planning to move the small pond they are in before summer hits because that spot just gets way too hot for my liking so I'll try to get some new shots of them then. It's hard to photograph them in the pond as they go into hiding. I usually use floating pellets in my ponds to get them to come to the surface when I'm near but I'm out, and I want to finish using my bucket of sinking pellets before I buy a new lot of floating ones.Hopefully then they'll get used to me approaching from above. I tried moving Sherlock and Arty from the big pond to the small pond since they were quite bold, to try and show the others they don't need to be scared but it kind of had the opposite effect :rofl 

And that's it for the year so far!

Ill take a large order of "Marmalade" :please 

On 02/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, koko said:

Ill take a large order of "Marmalade" :please 

@Ree has her eye on him too and says She's closer :rofl

On 10/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, FishyMandy said:

@Ree has her eye on him too and says She's closer :rofl

WHAT!?! No what about me and my needs :( 

Ok so there's only a couple of days left of the year...Think its time to do another year in review

January
The year started off pretty crummy, in January I lost two of my beloved fish, Luka and Jasmineimage.png
image.png

February
In February I got Marmalade

image.png

March
Nothing of interest happened in March!

April
In April I lost Picasso and Kolo, my big red and white comet and my pearlscale.

image.png

image.png

May
In May I got several new fish, Three comets (Halley, Skiff, Ceasar) and 2 fantails (Romeo and Juliet)from a friend who was starting a tank. The fish came with the tank she bought but she wanted to be able to choose her own fish. I quarantined them all outside in the small pond and they did well, until the 4 weeks was up when one of the fantails, Romeo, died on the last day of Quarantine.
The Three comets
image.png

These three are now enjoying life in the big pond, although I struggle to tell Skiff and Halley apart when they are all zooming through the water.
image.png
Romeo (White) I never got any proper photos of Romeo, but here he is chasing Juliet around at my friends house before I took them home. You can see he really was  a Romeo with all the eggs scattered around
image.png
Juliet, she is happily living in the small pond now.

July
Nothing of interest in July!

August
In August I bought more fish home...
image.png
Misty
image.png
Muddle
Misty and Muddle are both happily living in the small pond now. Though Muddle is very hard to catch and photograph out there, so I do not have an updated clear photo of him, here is a recent photo of Misty
image.png

September/October
Nothing of interest here!

November
November was a tough month for me...After losing my cat, Junior, I made a couple of impulse purchases with fish. Here they are
image.png

Bruce
image.png
Calvin

Bruce and Calvin were both bought from a local market. I had no idea they even had fish there when I went that day. They are both nymphs. They are now both happily living in the small pond
image.png

image.pngT
Soon after getting Bruce and Calvin, I got this girl. 
image.png

Maggie, she was extremely skinny, but a couple weeks later she was looking a lot better
image.png

She still needs to put on a bit more weight, but she is now happily foraging around in the big pond
image.png

December
Soda, my mirroscale comet, died very suddenly. I tried to help him but it was too fast
image.png

And thats it for the year! (unless something drastic happens in the next 2 days lol)

image.png

This is a great idea and I had an eventful fishy year as well. It's sad you lost so many but there are some newbies to look forward to. Can't wait to see how Maggie turns out. 

Lol I really have to stop it with the newbies though. We'll see how well I behave in 2019 lol

1 hour ago, FishyMandy said:

Lol I really have to stop it with the newbies though. We'll see how well I behave in 2019 lol

Girl me too. The only fish I plan on getting in 2019 is an Oranda that a lady from a forum bred two months ago and that I am waiting on. She will let them go in March. Besides that, I plan on no new fish at all next year. I may not even get it, it depends. 

And after the mass loss, I had only one loss all year which was one baby Ryukin. Then I got some newbies for the pond project and I did lose a little weak one that I got but all the rest are okay so far. I started the tropical tank in June. I didn't lose any of them yet. Lost 2 Bettas though. Novae to swim bladder after having him a year and Verdistis to a filter accident. 

I MUST NOT get excited in the spring and begin chucking fish all over the place. I'm excited for spring though to see how many babies I will have left to try and raise in the mud. It's been like two months and all 7 are still fine. If the rest of the winter is mild, I wager they all might make it, which would be great. 

Edited by mjfromga

I really want a Ranchu and another oranda, but going to try and hold off since with the youngins in the big pond I don't even know how many fish I have right now lol. I know I cant put anymore in my tanks

I see that you, FishyMandy and Mjfromga, like a lot  ranchu and oranda breeds. Just let me share my favourite type of fancy goldfish- what do you think about sakura oranda calico? You know that I like single tails but since long time  sakuara oranda took my attention 😍

FishyMandy, all of your goldfish are beautiful and it’s obviously that you dedicate a lot of time and love to them.

Thank you Adnan!

I love all calicos! I've only ever had one oranda, my sweet Luka. But I do want another some day, and ranchu is one of few fancies I've never owned! But I really want to as well