Kokos Goldfish Forum
FishyMandy

My Golden Adventure

Just seen this mandy.

Is this that $50 pond you were talking about?

Either way nice score and upgrade.

Just seen this mandy.

Is this that $50 pond you were talking about?

Either way nice score and upgrade.

Yep it is!

So I have another 5 newbies!

DEjNCKb.jpg

rxMNr3b.jpg

WV9qyKn.jpg

j3NCkOQ.jpg

7dlOH2L.jpg

Pascal, Raven and Papi will go into the pond.

Kolo and Stumpy are going to be going into a NEW TANK! Which will be in my bedroom.

I've also moved Albie Sherlock and Watson to the pond an I was going to add Treasure and Buddy to my tank..but they looked so tiny compared to everyone especially Spice..and looked so freaked out being around the big guys I decided to put them in the pond with guys more their size until they grow up a bit. Hopefully soon they will be big enough to feel comfortable in my tank :)

So everyone passed QT well so far! 

Jupiter is doing great and i can't wait to add him to my tank as well.

I will have 9 in my main tank which will be a tiny bit overstocked at 17.7g per fish...which I wasn't planning on doing..but am sure I can handle it :)

Will have 14 in my Pond..which equals 30 gallons per fish, so if it come to it I can switch some from tank to pond :)

Then will have 2 in a 40 gallon so easily 20g per fish.

Ahh I love my goldies!!!

They're all so pretty!! Congrats on all the new editions. Haha you have more new additions than the total amount of gf I've ever had...

Kolo is so beautiful!!! (They're all very pretty, of course, but KOLO!)

Gorgeous new fishies - & I agree with QandD - Kolo is exquisite!

The pond is looking really awesome! I love the raised ponds, you can get right up there...

Thought I should do a update...

Sadly Treasure my dream calico tele passed away last week :( It was a very sudden and quick illness that took her very quickly. I'm comforted that she didn't suffer for long.

Kolo is a confirmed male and Stumpy is a confirmed female after they gave me a ton of eggs! I'm raising their fry now. 208 of them! They spawned twice more after the first lot that I'm raising but I didn't save those eggs.

My bedroom tank..that Stumpy and Kolo lived in...exploded. The whole front piece of glass came right off in one big piece. For a few months at least Stumpy and Kolo are living in my main tank, which makes it overstocked but I'm confident I can keep things in order.

Buddy..my little one eye fantail...well he seems to have an infection started up in the empty eye socket. It only started up a few days ago so I'm not sure why its started up now...but he is super active and eating so I'm sure with treatment it will resolve.

Everyone else is doing well! The Pond gang are much more confident ow and will come to say hi to me and beg for food and nibble my fingers and Honey has been growing like crazy! I'm hoping to get a weigh in on her soon as well as on Luka because Luka looks so big compared to the last time I weighed him.

Anyway my fry thread is here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/123586-eggs-again/

So all their progress is going there! :D

Just read through this whole thread- what an adventure! :thud

We all make mistakes, especially when we are told incorrect information from pet shop staff. It happened to me.

I don't know how you manage to keep up with all your fish, I struggle with just one! :teehee

They are all beautiful. I'm sorry you have had some very sad losses. They were loved :heart

New pond looks great! I couldn't see all your photos, perhaps because of my internet connection but I will be back soon :)

Can't believe your tank exploded! :yikes That is the stuff of nightmares. In fact, I have had that nightmare. So pleased they were both safe and that you were home!

Well I haven't updated here in a little while!

The main tank is doing great though I seemed to have half killed my anubias somehow...

I did lose quite a few fry..details are in my fry thread that I linked earlier.

Still waiting on a replacement for my bedroom tank so I can move Kolo and Stumy back out of the main tank.

There hasn't been any more new additions..unless you can count the fry that I've named...

Freckle

wf9RVoZ.jpg

Raindrop

pI0c4V1.jpg

Of1xqIO.jpg

Firefly

1EHGo9Z.jpg

And my little deformed guy who stole my heart...I had him in the cull tub..and ended up scooping him back into the tank..I just couldn't do it. This is chopper

7u10LI8.jpg

Little Chopper passed away today :(

Im sorry hun :hug

Thanks Koko :hug

Great thread. Full of adventure and learning experiences. I don't know what I'm going to do when I lose my first fish. I've had Slate and Rhonda since October and its been quite an ordeal. You're always learning.

Thanks Myra! Always learning for sure..it's an ongoing thing in the goldfish hobby :) I never thought I' be so attached to these guys. I love them to bits.

Right? I didn't think it was possible to love a fish for real, but my Slate has done such wonders to change that. Now I will always love goldfish.

Yep! When I first got fish I thought I'd only have them for a few months..now I can't imagine my life without my goldies. I know some people (non fish people) think I'm 'wasting' a bit tank like I have on 'just goldfish' but I wouldn't fill it with anything else

Sorry for your loss. RIP Chopper.

Thanks Dawn :heart

Okay, I haven't updated here in quite a while!

Um last week I lost Stumpy. Poor girl, I think that she actually was injured in the tank explosion and the more she tried to fight it the worse she got. She got to the point where 99% of the time she was floating upside down. She could barely even move to get to her food. So I made the agonizing decision to euthanize her :( I'm still hurting

With the babies I have 17 left, I think that will soon be 16 as one is constantly bottom sitting.

The others seem to be doing great though.

Tiny has had some fin issues again, I put her in the main tank after she got better just to give her time for her fins to grow back before putting her back outside and now its too cold to move her outside so I'm waiting until it warms up a bit. That makes my main tank a bit overstocked still with Kolo and Tiny taking up space in there but it's a temporary thing I can deal with with water changes.

I'm still hoping to eventually get another tank in my room to replace the one that exploded, but it will likely be a few months away still.

The pond guys are all doing great. I've been worried with them going through their first winter and the really stormy weather we've had lately but they are absolutely fine. Their frogbit has wilted down to almost nothing though!

Anyway I think that's about it. Maybe I'll try to remember to update this more often

So lets see what to update on.

I have zero frogbit left in my pond.

Honey had some issues and isn't coping with the cold very well, she just bottom sits a lot. She had a bit of swelling so I did a course of metro on her and that sorted it and she is back in the pond now. Only active when it's food time though. I think she just really hates how cold it is. Next winter I will have more room to bring her inside for Winter if needed

The other pond guys are doing great. have slowed down a bit but are still fairly active.

I have only 5 babies left. They are 6 months old now and still extremely small.

Here are some random photos from the past few weeks

TEfXWlG.jpg

LGwIFXq.jpg

TAAmJ6G.jpg

nD2R43I.jpg

Arbtrve.jpg

FUVlGdR.jpg

xDzmAOw.jpg

fHheNQs.jpg

MPs1azH.jpg

2u2FbrX.jpg

1NLx4XD.jpg

So last month I snuck in two new fish without announcing them :P You can see them in my last post. White Fantail is Angel and a Shubunkin named Arty. The are living in the pond now :)

Arty

oyKaZw4.jpg

gwT3bdZ.jpg

Angel

sWSMWiz.jpg

And Today, I got the fish that will be my last newbie unless someone dies (I hope not!)

Meet Jasmine (or Jazz if it turns out to be male LOL). My dream fish - A Calico Butterfly

5e3FWg7.jpg

9F0Ku7D.jpg

Bsiq95T.jpg

All your Goldfish are gorgeous Mandy!!!

LOL Ok so Jasmine wasn't my last newbie, but only because I ended up ordering my new bedroom tank to be twice as big as planned so i could fit more fish in it :donthit

eimqv12.jpg

Here is the tank!

And here is the newbie

FYNfaWz.jpg

She is only 2 inches long and named Pinky. My mum picked her out and named her.

I'll be able to put one more fish in this tank. I'm undecided on whether I will bring one of the pond guys in or  get someone new, or get a new fish for the pond and bring one in...Guess I'll decide when I see that fish that I must have!

I'm afraid this isn't an all happy update though, I thought I may as well make it official even though I've known for a while.

All of my fry from Stumpy and Kolo are dead. I probably kept the last two going longer than I should have hoping they would make a miraculous turn around but that didn't happen. I'm afraid it just wasnt a good lot of fry..the ones that missed the infection that wiped most of them out ended up with swim bladder problems, and then some just died out of the blue. I'm really devastated that I have none of Stumpys fry left after losing her. I guess there is only so much you can do though.

Awww,I'm sorry about Stumpy's fry!sad-hug.gif

~~~~~~~

I love Pinky's color! :heart