Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishyMandy

My Golden Adventure

1jFUQ2O.jpg

Weighed my big boy!

That's a big beaut! Do you think he'll grow anymore?

It would be great if he did! He has one more week of QT left, can't wait to get him in my big tank

So today I decided to see how Abraham would go in the pond...only because he seems so much happier in Shallower water. And there is room always for him in the tank if I find he did better inside. Can only see how it goes I guess! Now I only have three goldies in my main tank! Spice will join them next week though. It seems so empty! I'm also rehoming 6 more of my babies from last year so they will go to a nice new pond and I wont be overstocked

Just weighed my current three tank guys

Topaz = 16 grams

Opal = 12 Grams

Luka = 108 grams

So right now I have Four guys in my tank - Spice, Luka, Opal and Topaz. All Calicos!! My dream of a fully calico tank is looking good.

In my Pond I have Honey, Tiger, Tiny and Abraham who all seem to be doing very well out there. I also have 9 of the babies from Tiger and Cali. This makes my pond overstocked...the babies are still very tiny, only about 2-4cm long even though they are a year old next month..I think I stunted them and kept them too crowded when they were younger. I'm keeping a close eye on the parameters but I'll most likely end up rehoming some more of the babies or moving one or two to my tank. But some of them are still small enough that they could get eaten by Spice :yikes

I will work it out though...if only I could get a bigger pond!

Here's some photos of the pond guys

eBv5UMm.jpg

YmhhDf3.jpg

ecAkBpS.jpg

rPtHG5p.jpg

AH0kHLx.jpg

OIEc57z.jpg

YwDj2zu.jpg

d1szksR.jpg

WPYmTEu.jpg

pYHjHGj.jpg

NGpYrve.jpg

zo4PXiF.jpg

SKLHbxG.jpg

EhCRhDI.jpg

This is how my pond currently looks

sschFVR.jpg

And this is my tank gang

OlUGPa8.jpg

Edited by FishyMandy

What a beautiful pond and lovely tank! I love calicos too but have never had one... or vicariously did for a very short amount of time 8 years ago.

Gorgeous!!!!!

Thank you!

I am so sorry for your loss of Cali.  7 years of joy.  You posts are very helpful to a newby and I love the pond set up.  That is a dream for me way down the road once I learn what I am doing. 

Thank you so much xxxIm glad my posts are helpful

So I moved Tiger back to the tank today. When I first put him in the pond he went straight to hide, I thought he would calm down after a while but weeks later and he was still constantly hiding in the same spot behind the plants. He seemed so freaked out all the time and just didn't seem happy. Now he is back in the tank and he was right back to his normal self. Guess the pond life just wasn't for him. The others are doing great though :)

And I've got permission to upgrade my pond! SO that will be happening eventually :)

I haven't updated this in a while... I have some good things to add and one terrible..

I'll start with a Good

On the 21st of November I welcomed home this beautiful Calico Fantail, she weighs 25 grams and is named Neptune

9bwFFlh.jpg

B56Icoe.jpg

She is very healthy and super active and always swims up to the front of her QT and says hi. I can't wait to put her in the main tank.

Now for the bad...

On the 25th of November I noticed Abraham was starting to pinecone again...I pulled him out of the pond and started treatment right away, unfortunately he didn't respond to the medications and just kept getting worse and worse...on the 3rd of December he peacefully passed away as I made the immensely hard decision to end it for him. :cry I was putting off writing this post because it's been so hard to talk about him...I'm still tearing up writing this :cry

3plgmg4.jpg

RIP My big boy...I'm so sorry I couldn't make you better

To end on a good note...My pond upgrade is coming faster than I thought. It will start next week :)

So as the year draws to an end I thought I'd make a post recapping my fish keeping Events in 2015

January was free of big events

In February I finally got my pond set up but it would be a while before I added fish

In March I sadly lost two fish. Bamboo and Google. I had Google for almost seven years and Bamboo for about 4.5 Years. They both died within a day of each other after unrelated issues turned into dropsy for the both of them.

eqXtYjm.jpg

z2c0XSg.jpg

In April I bought home a beautiful Tri-colour Butterfly Tail, I named him Chico

EIuq6G2.jpg

In May I finally added some fish to my pond, a whole bunch of babies from my November 2014 Spawn

In June, My Darling Chico that I bought home in April passed away after been attacked by two 'feeder fish' I had in my tank, the feeders turned out to be rosy barbs and were rehomed after attacking Chico.

EaitG9T.jpg

Also in June, hurting from losing Chico, I bought home two calico fantails - Opal and Topaz

A6gMe9m.jpg

In July I sold most of my babies from November and added the 9 remaining ones to the Pond

wsOtrCd.jpg

WOeRcmH.jpg

54Pb6jL.jpg

In August my Abraham started pineconing and developed massive blisters on his tail. He recovered from the pineconing and after weeks of no success treating we cut the affected part of his tail off. 

P8BA11A.jpg

In September, Once Abraham was recovered I moved him to the pond as he seemed to prefer the shallower water than that of the tank. I also moved Honey, Tiny and Tiger to the pond.

WN8tJ80.jpg

L6SmmkD.jpg

OIEc57z.jpg

Also in September my darling Cali started to pincecone. Despite treatment she went downhill very quickly

In October I lost my beautiful Cali, she couldn't fight any longer.

KMhbaHL.jpg

Soon after Cali passed I picked up Spice, a giant calico Fantail. The plant to pick him up was already arranged so despite being upset about Cali I went ahead with it

R9dHmes.jpg

In November I moved Tiger back to the tank. He just didn't seem as happy in the pond, was always stressed and hiding. As soon as he was back in the tank he was back to his normal self and is looking a lot better than he did outside. I guess he just isn't an outside fish

Also in November I bought home a beautiful Calico Fantail, her name is Neptune

2PjK3cW.jpg

Another November Event...Abraham relapsed and pineconed again. This time nothing was working and after two weeks of treatment with his conditioning only worsening I decided it was time to help him leave. 

m8fyN5B.jpg

Yet Another November Event...Honey had an accident in the pond and ended up pretty badly injured. Some Betadine, clean water and salt did the trick and she was soon back to looking good.

971V4t9.jpg

YP8ZBCx.jpg

In December I upgraded my pond! I now have a 1600 Litre pond. The fish are loving it and I will have photos once it's all properly set up and looking nice :)

I also got five new fish! Three for my pond and two for the tank. Two Shubunkins - Sherlock and Watson, A comet - Albie, A calico Tele - Sherlock and A little one eyed Fantail - Buddy.

While upgrading the pond I discovered that two of my babies are definitely not there anymore. Spock and Blaze have disappeared.

So right now I have 20 Fish, 6 in my tank, 5 in QT (The new addictions) and 9 in the pond. Once the QT period is over, if all goes well I will have 8 in my tank (Which will be the limit!) and 12 in my pond.

BCbgNMd.jpg

Yep..if I never see one of my fish pineconing again it will be too soon! :thud

c40Hqhx.jpg

Still got a bit to do...My azolla and frogbit looks like nothing now!

I love your pond!

Thanks! I still want to make my own filter. I've been reading a lot of Sharons filter posts and trying to work out what will work best

So I have ANOTHER new addition...Meet Jupiter..a so called Bully from an overstocked, underfiltered tank with sick fish...he was going to be flushed...

9Jlkewf.jpg

REGUiTo.jpg

I've also weighed all 6 of my new guys

Jupiter -32g
Treasure - 8g
Buddy - 10g
Sherlock - 4g
Watson -10g
Albie - 41g

Just saw that one of them was 4 grams and thought  :yikes  :wub:

Your pond looks GREAT Mandy!!!!

thanks!