Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickeyrom

How much of a good thing is too much?

We like to give our two GF, small, veggies. We give them cukes,spinach and brocoli. How long can we leave this concoction in their tank safely? They love the brocoli especially. Can they overeat even on veggies ?

Edited by mickeyrom

Do you blanch the veggies, first?  What are cukes?  Cucumbers?  I have found cooked broccoli to stink up my water  :thumbdown

Broccoli is also a veggie that has been known to make fish gassy. I'd feed that very rarely if at all. 

I'd leave it a couple of hours. I've left lettuce in over night for them to eat it while I sleep, thiugh. :)

Do you blanch the veggies, first?  What are cukes?  Cucumbers?  I have found cooked broccoli to stink up my water  :thumbdownYes

Yes they microwaved for a few seconds.In water of course. I know what you mean about the brocoli, much to my disgust. I  changed 1/3 of the water. Do you think that was enough? I can still smell it.

Broccoli is also a veggie that has been known to make fish gassy. I'd feed that very rarely if at all.  I thought of that after we gave it to them and it wasn't the first time either. I know it gives me gas. They do love it, probably because it's bad for them.

:rofl Don't we all love things that aren't always the best?

I would just forego the broccoli.  Blanched lettuce and zucchini work well and red leaf lettuce can be offered raw on a veggie clip.

I feed blanched zucchini to my Plecos and leave it for about a day if it lasts that long :rofl

I will also add that, for Goldfish, I only offer aquatic veggies such as algae gel as part of the regular diet unless there is a problem such as constipation that warrants the feeding of terrestrial plants.

:rofl Don't we all love things that aren't always the best?

Of course Chelsea, it's human nature, and maybe for goldfish too. ;)