Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stech

Feeding schedule and food

Thinking of this feeding schedule and food for 3.5 to 4.5 inch Ranchus for healthy diet and prevent swim bladder or floaty.

NLS Thera A 1mm , NLS Algaemax , NLS AlageGel , Hikari Purple and Frozen Bloodworms

Feeding schedule:

8 AM  NLS Algaemax  pellets

1 PM  NLS Thera A 1mm pellets or Hikari Purple

7 PM  NLS AlgaeGel  or Thera A or Frozen Bloodworms

What do you think of this schedule?  Too much feeding should I change it to 2 times daily?

Don't have Ranchus yet I am in plannnig stage.   I will have enough filtration to handle bioload. 

Edited by stech

Sounds fine to me.

Several smaller meals are better than one or two big ones, so three sounds about right if it works with your day-to-day schedule.

Forgot to add that when it's fall/winter you'll want to feed less than during spring/summer, unless you have a temperature controlled home with heating and AC that keep the temperature stable year-round.

Indoor temperature controlled low in winter maybe down to 60 degrees. 

I would put the gel or the bloodworms between the two pellet meals or do this (which is what I do):

Pellets (alternating)

Algae Gel

Frozen BW

I would put the gel or the bloodworms between the two pellet meals or do this (which is what I do):

Pellets (alternating)

Algae Gel

Frozen BW

Can't because i work during the day and won't be home to feed the Gel food.   I will have to do Gel food at night.   So maybe:

Frozen BW

Pellets (autofeeder)

Algae Gel or AlgaeMax pellets

How is this diet?

Pellets (alternating)

Algae Gel

Frozen BW

Can't because i work during the day and won't be home to feed the Gel food.   I will have to do Gel food at night.   So maybe:

Frozen BW

Pellets (autofeeder)

Algae Gel or AlgaeMax pellets

How is this diet?

That makes sense.  I think that's good, especially with the Algae Gel in the evening.  On a 3-meal plan, I like to avoid two back to back dry food meals as this can cause constipation.  I also prefer algae gel to algae pellets for this reason :)