Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
youngb204

What is your Daily Fish Schedule Like?

So as I notice myself getting more and more interested with keeping goldfish (and desire to keep some fancy guppies for breeding), I would like to know what everyone's daily schedule is like with there fish

if you could please list what tank(s) and fish(es) you have, as well as how long you've had them

I'm a student so After the first feeding I'm gone until AFTER the second feeding (brother feeds them 2nd time)

20 Gallon Long, 2 small fancy goldfish.  Had them for 2.5 Weeks

7AM: Feeding them

5PM: Feeding

Then whenever I come home (time varies) i take about 15-30minutes and just sit and watch them while interacting with them.  They've finally started nibbling on my fingers and run to where I'm sitting, they recognize me i guess.

All the other times (for the past week or so) I'm constantly learning about goldfish and planning on getting another set up for some guppies, as well as looking on classified ads for some cheap 40+ gallon tanks (Since i'll be moving these guys within a year)

I currently have two tanks, a 144 litre with my big fish and a couple of apple snails, and a 60 litre with a small, newish guy.  Both fish get breakfast around 7 am, a snack around 4 pm when I come home from work, and a dinner around 8/9 pm.  In terms of interaction, the new guy is right next to the kitchen sink, so we are there a lot and the 'show' tank is in the dining room, where we eat all our meals. 

Well... before two days ago my schedule was like this: 

- 40B with 2 tamasabas over 100gm each

- 40B with one young tamasaba under 50gm

All fish get breakfast right when I wake up, btw 5:30-7am. They get fed before I walk out the door at 8:30-9am. They're fed again around 1:30pm and again around lights out at 8:00pm. 

The feeding schedule hasn't changed much since I had to shuffle the fish around for my newbie's QT. But the feeding times still stay the same. It's important to note that all of the meals I feed are smaller, and that is why I am able to do it so often between classes. 

1600 gallon pond. 110 gallon stock tank "pond", 125 gallon aquarium, 75 gallon aquarium. 3 years. Wake up, throw food in, go to work, get home from work, throw food in.

All fish get breakfast right when I wake up, btw 5:30-7am. They get fed before I walk out the door at 8:30-9am. They're fed again around 1:30pm and again around lights out at 8:00pm. 

The feeding schedule hasn't changed much since I had to shuffle the fish around for my newbie's QT. But the feeding times still stay the same. It's important to note that all of the meals I feed are smaller, and that is why I am able to do it so often between classes. 

What happened 2 days ago?

Got a newbie. :teehee See bolded sentence.

Haha man... I need more sleep! Pics anywhere? What did ya get?!

Haha man... I need more sleep! Pics anywhere? What did ya get?!

:rofl Pics in the New Fish Arrival section. 

New tanks are a lot more work then tanks that have been up a while.

Cycling a tank takes time and patience.  If you start with fish in the tank it takes even more time and patience.  Twice a day testing water changes as needed on a stocked tank.  Light feeding while the tank cycles.

Easier to do with an empty tank.  Less work.

For my goldfish As time goes on and your cycle is more stable and you learn your water and what is required.  Then it gets easier.  I feed small feedings 3 to 4 times a day. But I am disabled and stay at home.  I do once a week 50 to 80% water changes. And any time a fish looks or acts weird I do an extra water change. This is also the routine for my oscar tank.

Its a little different for my tropical planted tank. It is a dirt tank and I do small water changes when I feel up to it.  I should be going 6 months between water changes but can't seem to do that yet. lol  I do one about ever 3 weeks.  Size of change is usually 20 percent. Plants go  along way to help filter your water if you have a LOT of them.  At in cant see the gravel threw the forest from the top of the tank.  I still need a few more plants for this tank.

My 5 gallon and 2.5 betta tanks get small water changes weekly. Not enough plants in them.

My salt water is a whole different ball game and a LOT of work.

Edited by Hidr

5:30 am feed fish

6:00 watch/ clean tanks

12:00 feed small amount of food

4:00 wc's

5-6 trying to do homework/chores whilst watching fish

6:00 feed pellett or veggie

Edited by Gustave

I have a 110 gallon with 5 goldies and a pleco, a 55 with 2 goldies and a nerite snail, a 20 gallon with a male betta and a olive nerite snail, and a tub with goldie babies :heart

I wake up anywhere from 7-9am depending on my schedule. I will get up and feed the betta, shower/get ready and then measure out food for the goldie tanks. With the new little ones I have gotten in the habit of turning of the air pump off the baby brine shrimp hatchery before jumping in the shower so they all sink to the bottom by the time I'm ready.

After I'm off work, between 7-9pm, I'll come home, measure out food and feed everyone. As they eat I'll sit and watch them and give them all a look over before I either head out for the night or start on my school work.

Also, because of the little ones I come home on lunch (1:00-2:30 depending on my shift) now to give them some food too.

Depends on my shift. :) But, usually:

5amish - feed all tanks

I throw something like spinach or seaweed in before I leave for work.

4pm(ish) fry and QT waterchanges

fed again somewhere between 4-10

midnight(ish) - lights out

Sometimes they're guilt fed at lunch time by my best friend who basically lives with me  :rofl

Edited by JustRachel

Hhhmm, I don't really have a schedule....I guess in the morning when I make my way to the kitchen to make Fruit/veggie smoothies for my hubby & myself (I sit aside a bit of fruit & veggies &eventually  drop it into the tank.  We have our breakfast & I get my hubby off to work. Then I feed them a bit of Mazuri then I soak a few pellets which I drop in a little latter.  Then while I am fixing dinner I repeat the morning feeding thing.

But I do not feel a need for a hard fast schedule at all.  They are fed twice daily & get really good food & I add some of the fresh stuff we are eating.

Edited by Jeana727