Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mernany

Mel's Eggies

Growing pretty good!

I don't think I'd be able to cull any of the fry if my fish have any babies :( I know it has to be done sometimes but..... :cry

It's the hardest thing when you're not breeding to sell. :no:

How hard was it to decide which ones to let go? Were there obvious deformities?

It wasn't hard but it just sucked knowing their little lives were gonna be over :cry

There were three little ones that had slightly deformed backs, one little one that never developed tail fins at all, and the other two's fins were single tails which I'm going for fantail and ribbontails. The last two were the hardest. I new I could keep them alive but with my small set up I had to draw the line somewhere :cry

I think you made the right move... I did not cull my fry, and paid for it down the road. I knew that i should, but i think my curiosity/inexperience got the best of me. :idont

Yeah Lis didn't cull and she ended up with like 300 babies :rofl not that I have that many but if I am going to do this in the future on a bigger scale is rather learn to do it now. Plus my set up is tiny, tiny, tiny :teehee

I hear ya, i only have about 14 now and am starting to get nervous about space. :rofl

I hear ya, i only have about 14 now and am starting to get nervous about space. :rofl

I have 15 and feel the same!! I'm like well... I could move Cupid and LP back to the 110 and use the 55 gallon tank, 20 gallon tub and the 10 gallon tub...... :yikes

I lost five little ones over night... Everyone seemed good yesterday :( so upsetting..

And now another five. What the cuss... The remaining babies seem absolutely fine so we'll see what happens...

That stinks, I'm sorry Mel! Hopefully that's the end of it.

Oh no, I'm sorry! :(:hug

Sorry Mel. :k055:

I started another round of prazi on the five survivors, I change to a new air stone, bleached the heater and the plant, and they got their 100% WC so we'll see. Thanks for all your support guys I'm so bummed... :cry :cry :cry

The little ones didn't make it. :( although I worked hard to make sure they always had clean water and food they just didn't make it.

I'll try some other time when I can really dedicate time to them. I don't know what happened.

I'm sorry :hug sometimes there is just nothing we can do.