Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hassan.zidan

New Moor to the Room

Lovely velvet-black coloring!

Beautiful!!!!

Very nice ;) I am really thinking of getting a Moor for my next Goldfish.

Those are nice examples.  I'm sure they will produce nice offspring for you.  Be sure to keep a blog when they spawn.

Thanks all [emoji4] now I,m still following the quarantine tough system before any breeding step .

Very nice velvet black but unknown tail for me, my plan to wait the next April full moon to post a velvet black breeding blog.

Edited by hassan.zidan

Hello Hassan   I also breed the black telescope . a very strong hardy race. Sometimes one must take the eggs whenever Nature gives them to us even in QT. I have had this happen too. Now I await for my telescopes to spawn this coming moon and I will take all as last two spawns are small but growing well.

Good luck with your new fish , they look to be fine from top view and should give good shot of dark into your other group of pale looking fantails  I think.

Thanks Michael , our climate now look like semi dessert hot mornings at summer . My next plan to add ice early morning to simulate the ideal climate 20 C , is it good [emoji10].

Hassan, It is well known that goldfish like to spawn in spring during a sudden thunder storm and rainy weather with quick drops in temperature with the sunshine warming up after. So your plan to induce them is interesting. I have never done it with ice or ice water bottles but I do know that many times when I was importing    hundreds of goldfish just arriving from Asia that had been prepared for travel by the low cool method , that they would spawn as soon as we  did awake them in the warm  holding tanks.  Mine I just use water change at an immediate 6 degree difference and it works

.Maybe you can build a cool room and cool it with a heat pump air conditioner?

Avery long summer in our climate from my observation increasing ( metabolism ) i think for this reason my Oranda fish wen not grow as well plus slow eggs production , a cool room with heat pump air conditioner little expensive nowadays but i will plan for it in near future .

So i will lean to use water change at an immediate 6 degree difference [emoji4]

Edited by hassan.zidan

Hi Hassan and hope all goes well. now after we speak about water temperature I have just made a super big mistake. I did move to out side ponds several thousand guppy since i raise them in cool water and I am thinking Winter is finished. so now at Easter arrives the big cold snap and I loose nearly all outside guppy. OH well that is how we become expert , right? but all telescope  butterfly are growing great and should be ready for market soon. I hope you have good luck with your catfish too.

Sorry to hear that you loose your guppy , i wish to cover this near soon , now i prepared three tanks for breeding one of them my telescope but not breeding yet . I will start Catfish breeding Surgery [emoji3] next week. Fortunately our local pet-stores looking for guppy and molley this days.