Flipper

Leto, the Parrot :)

610 posts in this topic

Soooooooo, many of you know I've been dying to get a parrot forever :thud Well, today my parrot dreams came true :lisa:

I adopted Leto (the name he came with and I don't think I should change it) from STAR. St Louis's avian rescue group. He's 8 yrs old and originally from Tennessee. He is a Maximillion Pionus Parrot. Which is a medium sized parrot from South America.

He was babbling on the way home and already flock calling when I went to the bathroom and just step out of the room he was in :yikes

He's eating and drinking and had some banana which I'm pretty sure he wasn't given real human food much so he was unsure but had some because my dog and I were enjoying it in front of him :heart

Without further adieu, here are some pictures because I know a couple subbies are wanting to see my new baby, Leto :wub:

On the car ride home :)

20150218_130636_zpsqxqcpycg.jpg

This pic really shows his lovely feathers :heart

20150218_135236_zpsd9hyvzwi.jpg

All birds love their millet :P you can see Leto's tongue :P

20150218_135843_zpswtstpazv.jpg

Such a good eater :Scoff:

20150218_141607_zpsmb83dpuv.jpg

Food face :feedme He doesn't seem shy :)

20150218_144044_zpswsmjgegt.jpg

I hope you like my birdy thread :happydance I'll update frequently :D

He's so pretty! :nana congrats Aubrey! :D

:greenbanana:  :Congrats:  :tbanana  He is adorable! I'm glad you finally have a bird :D

:hi5  :clapping:  :lisa:

I'm so excited for you!!! I've been waiting eagerly for pics... what a beauty :wub: Stef gives him a :thumb: too :teehee

Edited by Black

Ohhh yay!!! I am just so excited for you! :heart

How did Dooley react seeing him at first? I love that he was calling out when you left the room, i don't know much about birds but it sounds like a really good sign, and so early on! :nana

I am so glad this finally happened. Maybe a good thing it took so long. :hug

Congrats, and Thank you for sharing!!!

And look at all those pretty greens. No matter you're smitten. :teehee

He has very pretty colors! I am glad he is settling in well for you. By the way, I love your ring!

Already owns your house! :rofl

Awe, Pretty Bird, Pretty Bird. :)

Congratulations on getting your bird, Aubrey.  Love the close up photo for your right, it does show his beautiful colors.

Oh my gosh he's so pretty!!!!

Hey Aubrey. I just envisioned seeing you work on a hook rug of Leto. I can see all the pretty yarns of colors also. :P

Edited by 4prettyfish

Hey Aubrey. I just envisioned seeing you making a hook rug of Leto. I can see all the pretty yarns of colors also. :P

Yessss!! That would be cool!!!

Congratulations on Leto!!!! He's beautiful!!!!

Edited by Heidi030

:thud  He's gorgeous!!!!  We need a full cage pic please.  :rofl3

Colin wants him.  And Tallulah.  Can I just send Colin to live with you?  He's the easy one.  :rofl3

:thud he's gorgeous Aubrey!!! Congrats!!!!! :heart :heart we need a video too!!! I want to hear him talk :rofl

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's so pretty! :nana congrats Aubrey! :D

Thanks Lis :)

:greenbanana:  :Congrats:  :tbanana  He is adorable! I'm glad you finally have a bird :D

:hi5  :clapping:  :lisa:

thank you so much! Appreciate the support :hug

I'm so excited for you!!! I've been waiting eagerly for pics... what a beauty :wub: Stef gives him a :thumb: too :teehee

Thanks Charlie :heart I'm so happy you and Stef approve :)) and that you're getting your bun bun :nana

:bighug

He's so LOVELY! And really doesn't seem shy at all.

Thanks Chelsea! Nope, not a shy bone in his body :blush: but he is Leary of Mike :rofl he must know :tomuch:

Ohhh yay!!! I am just so excited for you! :heart

How did Dooley react seeing him at first? I love that he was calling out when you left the room, i don't know much about birds but it sounds like a really good sign, and so early on! :nana

I am so glad this finally happened. Maybe a good thing it took so long. :hug

Congrats, and Thank you for sharing!!! And look at all those pretty greens. No matter you're smitten. :teehee

Dooley say :tantrum:madrant He's very jelly! And has been glued to me :wub: he's interested in Leto and his noise and deposits on the floor :yikes but mostly I think he wants to know that he's not being replaced :o:no:

He has very pretty colors! I am glad he is settling in well for you. By the way, I love your ring!

Thanks Heather :) his coloring is subtle, but soo amazing in the sunshine :thud

Thanks about the ring. It was a Christmas pressie a few yrs back ;)

Already owns your house! :rofl

:lol2 yup!

Awe, Pretty Bird, Pretty Bird. :)

Congratulations on getting your bird, Aubrey.  Love the close up photo for your right, it does show his beautiful colors.

I'd love if he said it :P his voice sounds like a robot :teehee thanks Cheryl :)

Oh my gosh he's so pretty!!!!

Thanks Mel!

Hey Aubrey. I just envisioned seeing you work on a hook rug of Leto. I can see all the pretty yarns of colors also. :P

I think you may get your wish :D Leto would make a spectacular rug, but I've got to finish a challenge rug by mid April :krazy:

Congratulations on Leto!!!! He's beautiful!!!!

Thanks Dawn :)

:thud  He's gorgeous!!!!  We need a full cage pic please.  :rofl3

Colin wants him.  And Tallulah.  Can I just send Colin to live with you?  He's the easy one.  :rofl3

:tomuch: Thank You Lisa! :hug and thanks for all your support thru this crisis :)

Well, tell Colin he's welcome to visit any time :nana But he probably doesn't want to live with me because I lack parenting skills :teehee

I'll post more pics in a minute :D

:thud he's gorgeous Aubrey!!! Congrats!!!!! :heart :heart we need a video too!!! I want to hear him talk :rofl

Thanks Mikey :Jig: we are bird people together now :rockon I'll work on a vid for you :)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance:nana:Jig:

:bighug

In that Food Face pic, he doesn't just look "not shy" -- he looks positively SMUG!  He's all, "Hai, I'm Leto, and this chick seems to worship me, but why wouldn't she?"

He's beautiful!!! I've never seen one like yours before.

Thanks! He is a less commonly kept parrot I think because pionus coloring isn't as striking as other species, but he's so beautiful in real life and he's a mellow fellow :heart

In that Food Face pic, he doesn't just look "not shy" -- he looks positively SMUG!  He's all, "Hai, I'm Leto, and this chick seems to worship me, but why wouldn't she?"

:lol Totally accurate! He's a bit cocky :P Get it :lol2 Just love him!

He's sleeping now ( it's 7pm :teehee) but he was really playing well ::heart of coarse he like the free TP rolls and paper towels :lol

20150218_175437_zpshnzzglwk.jpg

Here is a full cage shot :) it's been his cage since he was a baby

20150218_175103_zps4zuqm29a.jpg

:o sorry those are so big