Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arctic Mama

Paradigm fish food?

Yes, but I won't be offended if Koko's deletes it, as it links to another fish forum (but is pertinent to the topic at hand):

http://everythingaquatic.proboards.com/thread/3770/

I don't want to violate the rules here and in not sure if this applies or not? Apologies if it does, but it is fascinating and I have immense respect for Carl Strohmeyer on many aquaria topics, so listening to him and Clayn was fascinating to me.

I loved reading this!! It really have me insight into why the formula was made of every ingredient and it gave me some serious respect for the creator and for being so open to ideas and criticism.

I definitely have more motivation to try it after reading this and seeing how their (and other "testers" ) fish react to it. Maybe a little mess won't matter too much if I throw a larger piece in and it keeps them busy for a lot longer my gel food. I wouldn't always do that of course, but they deserve a treat for being so cuuuute. :ehh

Thank you for sharing!!!! :hug:bighug

I hope they stumble upon this and see that there are tons of people out there who DO care about what goes into their fish. :nana:panana

Edited by Chai

Yes, I was so bummed to hear what I suspected to be true, that lots of people just by what is convenient or cheapest and don't out thought into the diets of their pets (or heck, their own diets!). Part of the reason I bu from American Aquarium Products at all is because even though they are slightly more expensive than eBay or Amazon, the information provided and the quality products selected make a difference to me. They do this because they love it, not because they're turning immense profit. I'll pay 5-10% more than at a big box store for that.

And yes, I am SUPER excited for my order to come. Lots of stuff in there I have been wanting to try, including a new sponge filter/power head setup for my betta. But the food should be great, and I'll be ordering Paradigm omnivore and likely carnivore to try down the road, when the omnivore is back in stock.

Bumping after a few months of trial to say how AWESOME the Paradigm Herbivore has been. The goldfish love it and will go for it over many other types of food. It leaves almost no food residue compared to other brands, too. It seems to digest more slowly.

My bristlenose also goes nutters for it. Really awesome stuff. That and Repashy are firm favorites here.

I just ordered the harder Graze formula to see how they all like it, but Paradigm Herbivoreis aromatic, extremely high quality, doesn't dirty my water, and the fish gobble it up. GREAT product.

Never knew there were so many different brands of goldfish food, I've always stuck with my NLS brand for all my fish. :) After reading all these posts though, I might have to switch it up and try some new stuff. :) Looking forward to reading all the reviews!

Something that the people on Koko's have found is that you can pretty much disregard if a food is branded as being goldfish food, and go with whatever has the best ingredients for the fish, as well as the best nutrient profile.

Yes, I feed mine the New Life Spectrum Thera-A rather than their Goldfish Formula.  The extra garlic helps to prevent internal infections.  I also like that it contains whole krill, fish and squid meal.

Yes, this isn't a goldfish specific food, but I find my fish are doing better with it than Omega One, New Life, Aquamaster, etc. The nutrition profile is excellent, not too high in protein.

AM, I got a bag of Paradigm Herbivore based on your thread here. My goldfish LOVE this stuff. I've feed this to them the last couple of days and they fight for it--they do their fish swirl dance all around the tank looking for the food. Fish swirl: one fish is pushing the other fish and visa versa.

I've been having some bottom sitting problems with one of my goldfish. I just switched to Herbivore (from NLS Algaemax--one year old container, probably a bit rancid) and it may have solved this issue. Still testing that theory for now.

I've also fed the Herbivore to my shrimp. I did this yesterday. The food appears to be gone in the tank and the shrimp are still hanging out in the feeding area. I think they are still waiting for more. They seem to love it also.

I purchased the food at a LFS. The owner said he has a hard time keeping it stocked. Stuff flies off the shelf. I'm planning on getting the Paradigm Graze at some point.

Thanks for finding this fish food!!!

Edited by LisaCGold

I'm so glad someone else loves it. My fish go nuts. And I appreciate how high quality it is, and fresh.

Graze hasnt been as popular hereas herbivore, but my fish are picky!

Edited by Arctic Mama