Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Golden

Prazi-pro use on fry

My fry are two weeks old and were treated with Prazi-Pro yesterday. It’s been close to 24 hours and the water has turned the cloudiest it’s been ever (presumably due to the treatment and/or lack of water changes). I plan to do a water change soon.

Because Prazi-Pro is active for a few days (as the bottle claims), I have some questions as to how you all do water changes. 

1. How long are your fry continually swimming in Prazi-Pro for in the “first treatment,” and each subsequent treatment?  

2. Do I change 100% of the water, or do I do a partial water change? Do I add more Prazi-Pro to the new water that’s added?

3. Can some of you share your treatment schedule that you follow for your fry to help me get an idea for how to proceed next?
Bottle doesn’t really provide much information about treating fry and I don’t want to overdose (and under dose) them on it!

You want the prazi pro in the tank for 4 days.  If you do a partial WC, replace the amount of prazi you removed.  So if you do a 50% WC, add back 50% of a regular dose.  Repeat another 4 days about 2-3 week later.  Make sure you have an air stone in the tank.  :D

Thanks for your prompt reply :) About to do the water change now. 

Speaking of air stones...my fry seem to frequent the water's surface. They aren't (primarily) gulping for air, but can't figure out if there's something wrong. Other than hanging out just below the surface, the fry seem to be doing well. They swim towards the bottom during feeding and most seem to have full bellies. They've had an airstone since they were in their eggs. Is it normal for them to hang out just below the surface? 

Normal behavior for young fry.  

Normal behavior for young fry.  

Thanks! :)