Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jes

Do these eggs look ok? or are they not fertilised?

Hey,

im finding it hard to pick out the bad eggs as they all look kinda the same lol :I-Thank-You:

What do you all think? Have they got fungus on or are they ok? It was a tuesday morning spawn.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/jesbaxter1/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1a6zdlol.jpg~original

They look ok to me.  Cloudy is ok.  Fuzzy = fungus

They look ok to me.  Cloudy is ok.  Fuzzy = fungus

Thank you :)

In relation to my other thread, i went and got another heater and thermometer. The water was at 60 so i am increasing it just a little today then a little more tomorrow and so on. Will the eggs be ok? It won't harm them?

Edited by Jes

. The water was at 60 so i am increasing it just a little today then a little more tomorrow and so on. Will the eggs be ok? It won't harm them?

Hi jes,  eggs hatch from 56 f to 80 f taking from 6 days to 2 days , ideal is 4-5 days . rapid temperature swings can have adverse affects. You picture of the eggs is not clear, but by now you can see which are living as all non fertile will be white and the good ones will begin to darken from the amber and show eyes.

Jess, I kept my eggs at room temperature (and my house is very cold) and mind hatched after 10-11 days :)

. The water was at 60 so i am increasing it just a little today then a little more tomorrow and so on. Will the eggs be ok? It won't harm

Hi jes, eggs hatch from 56 f to 80 f taking from 6 days to 2 days , ideal is 4-5 days . rapid temperature swings can have adverse affects. You picture of the eggs is not clear, but by now you can see which are living as all non fertile will be white and the good ones will begin to darken from the amber and show eyes.

Thanks for the reply,

Oh good! I won't increase the temp. Luckily the temp hasn't really changed yet :) should I increase it when they hatch?

Most of the eggs are still quite clear looking but not white. Is that normal?

. The water was at 60 so i am increasing it just a little today then a little more tomorrow and so on. Will the eggs be ok? It won't harm

Hi jes, eggs hatch from 56 f to 80 f taking from 6 days to 2 days , ideal is 4-5 days . rapid temperature swings can have adverse affects. You picture of the eggs is not clear, but by now you can see which are living as all non fertile will be white and the good ones will begin to darken from the amber and show eyes.

Thanks for the reply,

Oh good! I won't increase the temp. Luckily the temp hasn't really changed yet :) should I increase it when they hatch?

Thanks for the reply,

warmer temperatures produce faster growth but require closer attention to details such as water quality.

So I think it depends upon what are your goals and how much time you wish to spend on them. Mine  I raise at room  temperatures.about 64f.

At 60 f I think amber to clear is a normal and good sign. In fact as lis stated can take over a week at lower temps .