Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hassan.zidan

My Male goldfish

Seeking assessment for my male GF still he looking like Oranda but not that big win could you advice me.

e32cc446865d955ab8ec18db2fc6a63e.jpg

8448afadf563720159302fcd5a43929d.jpg

1504b36922443e9c866d1b97e8b5a1b0.jpg

Edited by hassan.zidan

Looks to be more Genetic......meaning nothing you can do...some Orandas have very little wen :o

Looks to be more Genetic......meaning nothing you can do...some Orandas have very little wen :o

Thanks Koko its looks like wait and see issue , from side view a little wen growing .

My Luna is an "Oranda"  But she has a tiny wen.

Feed him frozen bloodworms :)

Is he in an aquarium? If so, how big is the tank and how many fish are in it? I believe that with clean fresh water and not cramped space can help with growth of a fish and wen if it's not genetics like what Koko said. I'd add in an extra huge water change ( twice a week/85% plus) if your not doing them already. I'd also give bloodworms as one of his meals several times a week. Try this for at least a couple of months and see if you see any changes. I've done this with some of my fish in the past and have seen some growth. I've always done large w/c every 4 to 5 days for at least a year now and with bloodworms now about every 3rd day. I'm just crazy about clean water. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

Yes i moved my fish from outdoor pond to an aquarium about 40 gallon wither other 20 fish , daily 40% W/C full mosquito and May fly larvae's feeding . To do whats you practice and see , if no any change that mean a genetic issue .

f2336a8e0f97f911d2cfbc539bb3b0e8.jpg

Edited by hassan.zidan

It might well be.  Still, he's an attractive fish!