PinkChampagne

New Fish! I have lots of food and need a schedule!

42 posts in this topic

Yes some, including me, mix all the pellets. You can go aheadad and mix some of the pellets together but the reason to not mix them all together right away is what if some of the pellets make your fish floaty? How will you know which one it is? You would need to test them by feeding only one type of pellet for a while to rule them out as the floaty food.

This is what I suggested. Try each food separately first.

Yes you did and that is what I am doing.  She only has had 18 mini Omega pellets!   Two feedings.  About to test the water and feed her again.  How long after feeding would a problem present itself?  Immediately or hours or days later?  Wondering when to change her diet to other foods. :idont

I really love her body shape and that cute little wen she has going! 

She has these two little pieces of flopping skin above both eyes....I just noticed this yesterday.  Is this part of her wen or no?

Are they above the eyes or in the nose area? If they're in the nose area, they are the little nasal bouquets all goldfish have.

Not sure I will check that out...

She has these two little pieces of flopping skin above both eyes....I just noticed this yesterday.  Is this part of her wen or no?

Are they above the eyes or in the nose area? If they're in the nose area, they are the little nasal bouquets all goldfish have.

Is it just me or does everyone love Nasal Bouquets? I think they are super cute! :wub:

Is it just me or does everyone love Nasal Bouquets? I think they are super cute! :wub:

You're definitely not the only one. I think they are adorable! And I also am excited every time I see a pompom goldfish because of that.

Yes some, including me, mix all the pellets. You can go aheadad and mix some of the pellets together but the reason to not mix them all together right away is what if some of the pellets make your fish floaty? How will you know which one it is? You would need to test them by feeding only one type of pellet for a while to rule them out as the floaty food.

This is what I suggested. Try each food separately first.

Yes you did and that is what I am doing.  She only has had 18 mini Omega pellets!   Two feedings.  About to test the water and feed her again.  How long after feeding would a problem present itself?  Immediately or hours or days later?  Wondering when to change her diet to other foods. :idont

I would feed her the Omega One this week.  Then, try one of the other pellets next week and the third the following week :)

Okay! Good idea. Jared she is really hungry. She eats pretty much all the pellets before they hit the bottom! I'm feeding her just a teensy pinch 2x a day. She isn't starving is she?

:rofl. This is what GF do. They make you think they are starving 24/7. She's not starving but don't tell her I let you in on her secret. :peeka

:rofl. This is what GF do. They make you think they are starving 24/7. She's not starving but don't tell her I let you in on her secret. :peeka

:teehee:feedme:food:Scoff:

She's not starving but don't tell her I let you in on her secret. :peeka

Oh I told her!  She says that is simply not true. :feedme

She's not starving but don't tell her I let you in on her secret. :peeka

Oh I told her!  She says that is simply not true. :feedme

:lol::lol:

Jubi has had one week of Omega 1 now I am starting her on NLS Thera A.

She better like it!

She loves it!

Poor thing.  She is lookin thin.  Kinda.  Sorta.  But not really....But she is hungry!

This jar of Thera A is going to last her up until the expiration date of 2017, at this rate!

I'm in Sacramento too -- which LFS did you find her at? I'm going to guess AquaWorkz. My favorite. :). She's a cutie for sure.

You are? Well how cool is that? Yep. Well, no, actually. I got her at Petsmart on Arden and Watt, but all my other stuff at Aqua Works!

We should meet!!

That's a good Petsmart, they always have nice big orandas in that top left tank. AquaWorkz has some stunning ranchus and orandas right now, and is where I just got my new pearlscales.

Always up for meeting a fellow goldfish enthusiast! PM me anytime. :)

Did you see the ones for $31? Top left hand tank! Huge! I wanted all of them.

I will PM you!