Tuba Toothpaste

Hodor has been badly injured....please help! D:

48 posts in this topic

I hope Hodor gets better soon!

Just got home from work....she's laying at the bottom of the tank on her side now. :(

Will update in the morning.

Good morning everyone....Hodor is still at the bottom on her side. She's like barely breathing. Is there anything I can do for her??

Oh no. I hope Hodor feels better soon.

Are her scales flat or pineconed? If they are flat, add 1 Teaspoon of aquarium salt (pre-dissolved) per gallon. I would also double Prime the tank today. You have an airstone running, correct?

Are her scales flat or pineconed? If they are flat, add 1 Teaspoon of aquarium salt (pre-dissolved) per gallon. I would also double Prime the tank today. You have an airstone running, correct?

The scales look pretty flat now. And yes there's an air stone in there. Should I use melafix or anything?

I would just do the salt for now unless you see external signs of infection. If he sustained internal damage, there's not much we can do.

If he begins to pinecone, then you will need to do a 100% water change and switch to 1/4 Teaspooon of Epsom Salt per 10 gallons.

If he begins to pinecone, then you will need to do a 100% water change and switch to 1/4 Teaspooon of Epsom Salt per 10 gallons.

Actually upon closer inspection, it looks like her scales are still a bit raised. I just wasn't looking at the right angle.

TZoLbZ5.jpg

So should I do the epsom salt instead?

Yes, let's try the Epsom. It would also be a good idea to get some Seachem Metronidazole and API Triple Sulpha for Dropsy.

Yes, let's try the Epsom. It would also be a good idea to get some Seachem Metronidazole and API Triple Sulpha for Dropsy.

I have triple sulfa but I'll probably have to order the metro stuff.

http://www.petmountain.com/searchx/0/0/1/1/?s=seachem+metronidazole

http://www.petmountain.com/searchx/0/0/1/1/?s=seachem+metronidazole
Ok I ordered the metro, it should get here on Thursday (why do my fish always get sick on weekends??).

When I got home from works grandpa told me he saw Hodor swimming around a little bit while I was gone, but when I went in to look at her she didn't appear any different from this morning. At the moment she is still on her side and her scales are still raised. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she improves.

I went to check on Hodor, and it looks like she is no longer breathing.

R.I.P Hodor. You were a very good first fish, and you got me into this wonderful hobby. I'll miss you. :(

aaww, sad news :( i'm sorry, hun  :hug

I am so sorry. Sometimes, when a fish is injured like this, there is internal damage that we can't see. At least you were able to give him a peaceful place to rest in while he passed.

The Metro is a good medicine for you to have on hand as it is a "go to" for many illnesses. I'm glad you ordered it :)

I am so sorry. Sometimes, when a fish is injured like this, there is internal damage that we can't see. At least you were able to give him a peaceful place to rest in while he passed.

The Metro is a good medicine for you to have on hand as it is a "go to" for many illnesses. I'm glad you ordered it :)

Yeah I'm glad too just so I can have it on hand. Too bad I paid a little extra so it could get here faster and now it doesn't matter, but oh well.

Maybe I'll plant Hodor's body in a nice flower pot with a pretty plant or something. I don't want to just bury her outside or something.

Hodor, rest in peace little angel.

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Hodor. She was beautiful. sadhug.gif

RIP Hodor, sorry for your loss Sarah.

I'm so sorry for your loss, she really was beautiful :hug