Jellyballoo

NLS gel food!

53 posts in this topic

I can't get the Contact link to work to get their address, would you mind telling me where are they located, I am in Sydney?

Brisbane

Thank you, at least it is on the East Coast so I can expect my delivery early next week  :D I like to give my fish a varied and healthy diet

Got mine today!   Ordered it Thursday.

All of you are going to have to make a review of it and let us know what you think of it and if your fish are liking the stuff.

I have the algae/gel and the fish love it (so do the minnows).  I received the Nutri/gel today which has some Krill and whole fish in it (not sure what means) but also has agar, beta carotene, Spirulina, algae, seaweed, kelp, molusks and garlic and omega 3.

umm...we have to make it?  I never even opened it yet!

umm...we have to make it?  I never even opened it yet!

ha ha yes!!

easy to do:

1. make a small amount as it makes a ton for a little fish.  I use 1tbsp gel food to 3 tbsp water (per directions).  Boil the 3 tbsp water in microwave or stove.  Add gel, mix well, hold breath cuz it stinks lol.

2.  Pour in a little container, put in fridge, it will gel up quickly, with 20 to 30 minutes.

3. cut up in little pieces, its good in the fridge for a week or two. I divide it in two sections before cutting and freeze one. The nice thing is you can drop it in the tank and it holds together.  Even when my minnows all attack one piece it holds together.

Make sure you boil the water.  I made it the first few times and it wouldn't set until I figured out the water really has to be boiling!

Edited by CindiL

Thank you! 

This little wet pet better like all this food!   I spent a lot!

I need to try these . . .

Do it, Lisa. They're awesome. I find the algaegel doesn't stink as much as Repashy does. 

Yep, just make it like Cindi said. It's awesome how long that jar lasts because you are making the food instead of just scooping it out. It acts just like Jell-O. :)

Yep it doesn't smell anything near as bad as repashy lol

I can't wait for my order to arrive - I think I will just boil water in the electric jug and then use a measuring jug to get the right amount of boiling water. Sounds like fairly easy cooking even I shouldn't be able to mess this up  :)

I can't wait for my order to arrive - I think I will just boil water in the electric jug and then use a measuring jug to get the right amount of boiling water. Sounds like fairly easy cooking even I shouldn't be able to mess this up :)

Make sure it's declorinated

I just used tank water in a small bowl and microwaved it till it was boiling (30sec - 1min)

Also you won't need a measuring jug

Just a spoon/ measuring spoon

I made up 2 tablespoons worth of the food so had to add 6 tablespoons of water and I think I made too much lol I'm about 2/3 of the way threw it

It only lasts about a week in the fridge once made up

I think I'll just make up one tablespoon worth at a time as I need it from now on

You could freeze the extra if you do make too much though

I don't use dechlorinated water in my food. It's not necessary at all. :)

I did not think about the chlorine in the water, I could use bottled water or would it be a good idea to use Prime in tap water then boil that do you think? I had a notice in my letter box today that a package is waiting for me at the local post office. I hope it is the fish food I ordered! :D

I don't use dechlorinated water in my food. It's not necessary at all. :)

I've never used it in mine either. Never really crossed my mind to be honest and in the year I've been feeding gel foods I haven't seen any adverse reactions.

Chlorine can be removed from water by boiling it, anyway, which helps to evaporate the chemical. Heck, even letting it sit will do that.  

I haven't seen any adverse effects, either, and for awhile was living somewhere where you could smell the stuff in our tap water. 

Well that's good to know lol

When I was first learning about goldfish I read that if you feed them frozen peas or were nuking veggies in the microwave you should use dechlorinated water so I always do it for any of their foods

We can smell it in our tap water too ????

It's just as easy for me to take a scoop of water from the tank as it is to get some from the tap so it doesn't bother me ????

The NLS Algae/Gel and NLS Nutri/Gel both arrived yesterday. I made up some of the Algae/Gel a few minutes ago. It was very easy

D2A3C04F-3748-4502-A794-57EADFCABC2C_zps

I used a one third cup measuring spoon - the instructions suggested a barmix type mixer was best so I used that

2F21AB83-F815-440B-ABA7-DF3BAC642C1D_zps

I boiled the water using an electric jug and then measured three lots of boiled water into the mixing bowl - then mixed it together with the Barmix

0C675571-8726-404B-82C9-BE05B684AB5E_zps

I then poured the mix into a small baking dish - it started to set almost immediately. The dish is in the refrigerator now, it will be ready in 15 minutes

I hope the fish like it. I will make some of the Nutri/Gel tomorrow night 

0A0BDA17-F39F-4B1C-90F9-DB193FBF6915_zps

I cut the gel food into small squares

14BE7337-566A-40B9-9F71-B78B4E2A17DF_zps

When I pulled the cubes out of the dish they were deeper than I thought so I cut them in half again

9C9301D0-19B8-438F-A220-4E6FA9C3AEFF_zps

The food was a hit, the fish loved it - I plan to cut up all the rest of the gel food into small cubes then freeze the bulk of it

Thank you for sharing!  (You take such good pictures!)

Thanks Landmouse, I am only using my iPhone, I tried my fancy digital camera the other day and the images weren't any better. :blink:

66010846-35D0-4786-ACA9-DBD5F162576C_zps

After chopping the gel into cubes I froze it well separated so that later when I put it into a storage container it wont stick together

726DD7F1-3107-4D22-B5FA-E0353F17CEB0_zps

I got nearly a container full of gel food cubes from using a one third cup of the powder  :D

My fish are loving the Algae/Gel food, they are like Piranha, it goes in seconds. I am not sure what happened to the images in my last post, I didn't delete anything but the pictures have disappeared. :no:

If you move the pictures anywhere in your PB, such as to a new folder, the link will break and they will disappear. 

I'm glad they love it so much. :) I just mix my gel with a fork.

Happy to know it's been successful! I still prefer to make my own gel food, but perhaps I can use it as an ingredient so I'm not using their precious Algaemax. :rofl3