Jellyballoo

NLS gel food!

53 posts in this topic

Ok so I live in australia and it's almost impossible for us to get repashy here

I was just told that NLS does a gel food!

I'm super excited to learn this but wanna see if anyone has tried it before I actually buy?

It comes in Nutri gel and an algae gel

I'll see if I can get links for each

I know Chelsea uses the algae gel over super green. Pretty cool to see this is in Australia.

You can still get Repashy by the way, you can order it from Lilly Exotics in the UK. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118502-where-do-aussie-kokonuts-get-their-repashi/?p=1851794

I know Chelsea uses the algae gel over super green. Pretty cool to see this is in Australia.

You can still get Repashy by the way, you can order it from Lilly Exotics in the UK. :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118502-where-do-aussie-kokonuts-get-their-repashi/?p=1851794

That's great thanks!

I had gotten some from tasty worms over a year ago but doesn't look they are stocking it any more?

I'll try lilly exotics and I might try the NLS gel eventually

Thanks again

I had gotten some from tasty worms over a year ago but doesn't look they are stocking it any more?

Unfortunately not. Chris had a clearance sale some time last year because stocking fish foods and equipment wasn't proving profitable enough.

Unfortunately not. Chris had a clearance sale some time last year because stocking fish foods and equipment wasn't proving profitable enough.

Ahhh ok well that explains it.

Thanks so much for letting me know about Lilly exotics

I tried buying some and it said the only postage option to me was free postage?

Wasn't quite sure if that was right so I sent them an email

Edited by Jellyballoo

Ahhh ok well that explains it.

Thanks so much for letting me know about Lilly exotics

I tried buying some and I said the the only postage option to me was free postage?

Wasn't quite sure if that was right so I sent them an email

Tassiegold's post seemed to imply it was a specialty order, so I suspect emailing them is the best method. I don't know if anyone else here has ordered from there, but it's been on my to do list to check it all gets into the country fine. :)

I definitely use the algaegel. It is pretty much the same preparation, only with what I think are better ingredients. It comes out smoother than the repashy so my fish don't seem to have any digestive issues because of it. Highly recommended. 

I definitely use the algaegel. It is pretty much the same preparation, only with what I think are better ingredients. It comes out smoother than the repashy so my fish don't seem to have any digestive issues because of it. Highly recommended. 

That's nice to know.  Thanks Chelsea.  I've seen it in one fish store and was tempted to purchase it a few months back but didn't.   I think I may try it sometime in the future.

Thanks so much

have you used the Nutri gel too or just the algae gel for goldies?

Edited by Jellyballoo

Thanks so much

have you used the Nutri gel too or just the algae gel for goldies?

Just the Algaegel. It has such a similar (yet better) composition to SuperGreen that I thought it would be worth a try. If you do try the NutriGel, please let me know how it works out. I wouldn't mind feeding both.

I haven't used the Supergreen repashy before only the soilent green

Would the Nutrigel be more similar to that one?

I have ordered the nutri/gel and already have the algae/gel.  Would you like the ingredient list of the algae/gel or do you have it?  The algae/gel is vegetarian and the nutri/gel in addition has krill and herring so is also good for omnivores.  The typical ingredients NLS lists that are in all their foods are the following:

Typical Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill, Whole Herring, Whole Wheat Flour, Algae, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Garlic, Vegetable and Fruit Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Niacin, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stable C), Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride.

I use the nutri gel. My fish appear to do better with that than the NLS pellets (Thera A and algae max). One of my fish bottom sits with the pellets. This is a recent phenomenon, so I'll try the pellets again in a month or so.

I use the nutri gel. My fish appear to do better with that than the NLS pellets (Thera A and algae max). One of my fish bottom sits with the pellets. This is a recent phenomenon, so I'll try the pellets again in a month or so.

This is good to know since I'm having my own upside down issues with my fantail.  Hoping a combination of both gel foods will help.

I don't think so, bu then again I haven't used Soilent Green in a while. 

However, I do know that Super Green with the addition of an animal protein source is more nutritionally-appropriate for goldfish than Soilent Green alone, so that's why I use the AlgaeGel with the addition of a protein source. Right now I am using both RedRum and Spawn and Grow as supplements for Protiens, since I have no access to frozen bloodworms. In the summer, I used Super Green and FBW and got amazing results in growth, color, and spawning in all of my fish.

I don't think so, bu then again I haven't used Soilent Green in a while.

However, I do know that Super Green with the addition of an animal protein source is more nutritionally-appropriate for goldfish than Soilent Green alone, so that's why I use the AlgaeGel with the addition of a protein source. Right now I am using both RedRum and Spawn and Grow as supplements for Protiens, since I have no access to frozen bloodworms. In the summer, I used Super Green and FBW and got amazing results in growth, color, and spawning in all of my fish.

Thank you that's very helpful!

I purchased some of the algae gel today so it should be here next week ????

I think my fish get more variety in food then I do ????

I think that's the same with a lot of us. :rofl

This thread is just what I have been looking for, I am also living in Australia and could not get Repashy products either.  I have tried some gel food recipes but my fish wouldn't eat it. I am a terrible cook so this was not such a huge surprise to my family! :D I will follow with interest to see how your fish go with the Algae Gel and if you like the results I will order some too. :D  I have been using the NLS Thera A+A but stopped recently when I noticed the fish poop was slimy. (Sorry for the description but it was) and this did not seem like a good thing to me.

I'll keep you all updated then ????

I was going to buy repashy soilent green aswell from lilly reptiles but I think I might get the spawn and grow instead if I'm using the NLS algae gel anyway

It's only £5 (aprox $9) for them to post a 12oz bag to Australia if anyone was interested

Got my algae gel today!

It's definitely not as grainy as repashy and a lot less smelly when making it lol

Fishies had a little taste and they all loved it ????

Thanks for the feedback, I decided to take the plunge and ordered both the Algae Gel & Nutri Gel. :D How long did the delivery take for you?  :)

Thanks for the feedback, I decided to take the plunge and ordered both the Algae Gel & Nutri Gel. :D How long did the delivery take for you? :)

Only 1 day

I live about an hr away from the supplier and they posted express

I can't get the Contact link to work to get their address, would you mind telling me where are they located, I am in Sydney?

I'm glad you like it so much! :)