Kokos Goldfish Forum

I have four Ranchus that I have only had for two weeks& they are currently bottom sitting or hanging out at the top of the water. Two of them visibly have holes in their head . About a month ago , I lost all five of my fish !! im thinking it was from the same thing.

How do I treat hole in the head?? where and how is that fastest way to get the medicine for it?? I don't want to lose any more fish. Someone please help me!! 

Welcome to Kokos! Please take deep breaths and relax :hug we will help you with this :hug

To start, please fill out this form the best you can. It is crucial to fill out so we can have a good understanding of your set up and water parameters. 

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Pictures would be very helpful as well so we can see the affected areas.

And another question. When you got the new fish, did disinfect it (how did you do so?) and then do a fishless cycle?

Edited by Mikey

:hi If you can answers as many of the questions as possible in the form that Mikey posted above, we will do our best to help you.  To properly diagnose this, we also need a picture or a video of the symptoms/behaviors that are concerning you.  At that point we can make some recommendations for medications.

welcome to kokos :) pictures of the holes as clear as possible.. under good light will really help.

can i also ask where you purchased your current stock from?

:hi hey hun, try not to panic, just fill in the form which Mikey has provided, and answer the questions asked by the mods :)

To upload pictures you'll need to upload them onto a site such as photo bucket, and for videos, you can use photobucket or youtube :)

Welcome to Kokos!!! Hope your Goldfish feel better.

:welcome  Try not to worry, you and your fish are in good hands here ;) Hope your fish get better soon!

I will do it first thing when I get Home !! Thank you everyone

Edited by faraluzortega

:hi 

I have merged your new thread with your old thread as they are regarding the same condition.  Please fill out the form as requested in Post #2 and we will help you as best we can.  :D

Just wanted to Welcome you here and to wish your fish good thought.

Just spoken to Faraluz, she said she has got hold of the medication (Nitrofuracin green powder and metronidazole?), but she is currently unable to access Koko's. She said she appreciates everyone's help, and should have wifi again by Monday :)

If anyone has any suggestions for her in the mean time, I'm happy to message her :)

Just spoken to Faraluz, she said she has got hold of the medication (Nitrofuracin green powder and metronidazole?), but she is currently unable to access Koko's. She said she appreciates everyone's help, and should have wifi again by Monday :)

If anyone has any suggestions for her in the mean time, I'm happy to message her :)

Those are the right meds if it is indeed "hole in the head".