Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danielle15

A long overdue update on Moe!

Hello and Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I know it has been a lonnnggg long time since I've been on to post anything, I'm thinking a year or so?

Work has been crazy busy and I got engaged in October, so wedding planning is consuming my life!

I was changing Moe's water today and decided it had been awhile since I weighed him last, so I got the scale out.

Back on August 1st, he weighed 58 grams (which I thought was huge compared to his 30ish earlier in the spring).  Hahahaa...was I in for a surprise today.  First I had to find a container big enough for him....lol.

He tipped the scales at a hefty 98.6 grams!!!!  :feedme   I noticed he was getting big, but I didn't think that big.

With a wedding coming up in July of '15, I will be moving Moe to the new house sometime in August probably once I get moved in myself.  My ultimate goal is to get him a 40 gal breeder and a nice stand to keep all the supplies and for a nicer presentation since I'm pretty sure the tank will be out in the main living/dining room space.  I keep checking craigslist, but no luck :(

I just feel like he would do better in a 40 breeder to get some shallower water and more room.  He has some issues with getting a bit floaty, but some change in diet and fasting from time to time help tremendously. 

98.6 grams, 4" long body and around 8.5"-9" with tail  :D

On with the pictures!

20141225_220811_zpsv8yphw37.jpg

20141225_220724_zps6ln5ql0y.jpg

Mom....enough with the pictures and feed me already!

20141225_220715_zpsl3xip7sz.jpg

Moe is gorgeous!  It seems like he is thriving and in good hands :)

His coloring is eye-catching, like a natural bristle brush that's been dipped into orange paint.  Congratulations on your growing fish and your upcoming nuptials!

Thank you! He started out all black and a whopping 8 grams I think when I got him 1.5 yrs ago.  So he has grown a lot!

His orange changes almost daily it seems.  His head has been turning the most lately.  Someone on here when I first got him said they thought he would end up all orange eventually.  I think they were right!

Moe has such amazing colors! His head/eyes are really eye catching.

:hi Danielle!!! How are you? :)

Gorgeous!!! :heart :heart

He's stunning! And congrats on your engagement. :)

Lovely fish! His fins are beautiful. Congrats on your engagement, enjoy the planning!

Moe is GORGEOUS!!!!!

He's a gorgeous guy! Congratulations on the recent engagement, also :)

Beautiful fish.

:hi So nice to see you and Moe again!!

He is looking absolutely fantastic!  What a big boy!  :flex:

:rofl3

Congrats on the engagement!  Very exciting!  :lisa:

He is beaauuuutiful! Love that flowy long tail. :D

I scored a cheap yet gorgeous 40B and stand on Craigslist a few months ago. Keep looking! :nana

So gorgeous! I love the shape of his eyes.

Thank you everyone!

Its so nice to see familiar "faces" :-)

Congratulations on your engagement. July will be here before you know it.

Moe is a big and beautiful fish. Love his colors. How exciting also to be upgrading his tank sometime soon.

He sure is stunning. Absolutely love his colors!

I don't know where in Indiana you are or if you are ever up this way (Madison, WI) but I have a 40 breeder along with the versa top, original hood light with a T8, and 150w aqueon pro heater, I might have an extra Aqueon 30 filter that does 250gph too. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money or anything lol. I just would rather it go to someone here who cares for their fish.

My water quality is too bad for me to keep the 40b. I'm keeping the stand because I am going to have a 27Long made I think which still has the 3 ft like the 40b. Right now my lone fish is in a 20L so the 40b is empty and cleaned up. The heater needs a little cleaning as it has magnesium/calcium build up from the Replenish I put in each week because of my soft water.

I will put it on the classifieds forum if I'm too far away but saw you were looking for one.

Edited by CindiL

He's a very beautiful fish! :)