Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LisaCGold

New Era Goldfish Pellets

Has anyone fed their fish New Era Goldfish Pellets? http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/public-aquariums-and-institutions/professional-coldwater-range/goldfish-pellets

My local fish store sells this and I'm thinking of trying it.

They're a little vague on the specific ingredients :idont

They're a little vague on the specific ingredients :idont

I know! I was at the LFS and I forgot to check the product out. I hope to go back there in a couple of weeks.

Ingredients of New Era Goldfish Pellets from Drs Foster and Smith website:

Pellets

Ingredients
Fish Meal, Cornstarch, Dried Seaweed Meal, Fish Oil, Krill, Shrimp, Squid, Choline Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Vitamin A Acetate, Choleocalciferol, DL-Alpha-Tocopherol, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyriodoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Molybdate, Folic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement and Biotin.

Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein 41% min. Crude Fat 7% min. Crude Fiber 0.5% min. Moisture 23% max. Ash 18% max. Vitamin A 15,000 IU/kg min. Vitamin D3 2,000 IU/kg min.  

Thank you, FofG.

Cornstarch?

Edited by LisaCGold

I don't like the cornstarch, particularly as the second ingredient.

I've emailed them asking about the cornstarch.

Below is the response I got from the New Era folks about the use of cornstarch. I would have preferred something else as a carb.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding New Era goldfish pellet. In answer to your question. It is a carbohydrate source for the fish, as they do require some, and once digested and excreted because it is modified (not genetically) it helps promote the growth of filter bacteria very well to. Without this the New Era diets would not perform in the way they do. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Tom Noble,

Sales Director,

New Era Aquaculture Ltd.

Mob; +44 (0) 7884 436080

Office; +44 (0) 1405 815 605

Email; mailto:t.noble@neweradiets.com