Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hinfin

Oranda fry diary, THE BIG SPAWN!

:hi

So lets start this thread about my Sakura Oranda spawn, they hatched yesterday and it is a big spawn, more than 1000 wee lill' wigglers :pease:

DSC_5396.jpg

It has been quite busy caring for the eggs, my other fish and getting all the supplies i will need this week. But all is done and the first batch of BE is cooking!

Very exiting obviously, trying to keep it all manageable. Incubation took 4 days at 22C. I WC 50% 2 times per day.

The eggs after 48 hours.

DSC_5459.jpg

Hatching on day 4, they are born on december 8th 2014.

DSC_5467.jpg

Digesting the eggsac. Day 5.

DSC_5481.jpg

Oranda headquarters!  :lol:

DSC_5488.jpg

Hopefully all will go well and we all may enjoy seeing them grow up! :fishtank

Ooo, I can't wait to see them grow! The parents are gorgeous!! And that last picture is too cute. :teehee

You must have an excellent camera.  So, should I plan my fish pick-up for June? :rofl

Woohoooo! Really looking forward to watching these guys grow! Congrats! :panana

Wow, congrats! It'll be interesting watching them grow. :)

:thumbs:  :Congrats: Very exciting! :D

Wow, congratulations. Looking forward to updates!!

That is so exciting.

Will they all be Sakuras too? (I have little to no idea about how goldfish traits are passed)  

Beautiful, Hin. I hope the tight wens will be passed down. 

Thanks all for the interest! Much appreciated!

You must have an excellent camera.  So, should I plan my fish pick-up for June? :rofl

Yes i can take a Nikon from work now, much better. My wife took most of the pictures though :thumb:

Dont know i i still have them in June, i doubt i can keep that many fish in the fishroom for that long. Youre welcome though!

That is so exciting.

Will they all be Sakuras too? (I have little to no idea about how goldfish traits are passed)  

Probably many Sakura and some Calico. Some metallic aswell, i have finished the spawn crossing to a Thai RW male.

Thanks all for the interest! Much appreciated!

Yes i can take a Nikon from work now, much better. My wife took most of the pictures though :thumb:

Dont know i i still have them in June, i doubt i can keep that many fish in the fishroom for that long. Youre welcome though!

That is so exciting.

Probably many Sakura and some Calico. Some metallic aswell, i have finished the spawn crossing to a Thai RW male.

Well then, it's going to be a fascinating few months! :)

You will be in shock after you see this vid!! The same Oranda spawned again this afternoon! :D  :flex:

That sound very nice ( congrats) , same i got today my Ranchu breeding early morning but unfortunately not documented . Then whats your next plan ?

Edited by hassan.zidan

I need to either sell them early, so have them colour up early aswell, or find more room indoors to grow them out. Probably have to do both.....

We will have to see how they grow and what the quality is, but i do need to cull alot of these.

They are getting free swimming now, so i have still some time to plan ahead and prepare.

From this video and your past Ranchu diary video and after culling its look your patch end with few high quality fish , i plan to earthen pond my patch after one month age , medium quality offspring with good price about 2$ .

28fee573108755f90a13ac3c4ee8d69a.jpg

9e873bbd4c1a47102496034c428adf83.jpg

86adbd5395b3e63490322f2839df6a49.jpg

Edited by hassan.zidan

It would be a great idea to if you started a thread on this ranchu spawn of yours, its allways interesting to learn about how others breed and keep their fish.

Yes this my plan to show it as you do ( Diary ) but still am suffering from low space for my fries , my plan to prepare a wooden tank for fries until retching fingerlings size then culturing in earthen pond , to be documented ASAP

Lots of fry, lots of work! Good thing i have the hollidays coming.....

Anyway i had some time to make a small vid of the Oranda fry this morning, hope you enjoy!

Allthough overjoyed with the fry, i feel sad because i lost one of the sakura females, the prettier not spawning one. She just went in a matter of hours, i found she had some gilldamage but i think the whole import and spawning stress may just have been too much for her. Doing my best to keep the other two sakura on the road to recovery, they at least stopped actively chasing so i hope they will get better soon!

The BBS hatchery is running smoothly now, and the second batch of fry has finished hatching today, so second batch is from 15 december 2014.

Ill try to update more often, next couple of weeks ill spend alot of time in the fishroom! :fishtank

Yay for updates. I can't believe how many there are. :)

Sorry to hear that your Sakura lost , i wish your offspring compensate you .

Sorry for your loss.

Your orandas are beautiful and that's a lot of fry! I also love your chus. 

Thank you for the kind responses,

The other two Sakura's seem to be OK again, even more so they even contributed a third spawn! 

Now to figure out how to stop their spawning spree, enough is enough! Anyone have any ideas, maybe a cold shower??? :rofl

The second spawn is eating their first BBS at this moment and the first spawn is growing fast!

After the other sakura died i replaced all filtermedia and cleaned everything as thorough as i could. I really hope this will be ok and whatever caused the death of the other sakura female is under controll now. 

Ill make a video next weekend, lots to do for christmas aswell!

I love seeing all these fry threads pop up.  The pictures are so much fun!  Congratulations, and I hope you have a great batch. :thumbs: