Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Glenn

Trouble pasting to posts

12 posts in this topic

I have consistently had trouble pasting to posts. This has been true for all three of my browsers. Also it's very difficult posting pictures. If there was a "browse" function it would make it a lot easier. That said this site is a lot more functional than others that I have seen. It's obviously a labor of love.

For pictures you have to go through a site such as pjotobucket and upload photos there first. After that you copy the IMG link and paste it to the forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by having trouble pasting to posts. Do you mean copying text and pasting it in your reply? Because that should work like the normal copy and paste function on any other site.

Yes I mean copying and pasting text. I had to type in the ebay URL for both my electronic meters. I've tried pasting to notebook first and then copying and pasting but to no avail. I've tried copying and pasting from each of my three browsers. I'm not sure whats wrong. Wow that is one gorgeous ranchu.How long have you had him? How long have you had goldfish?

That's odd that you are having such trouble. I seem to be able to copy and past everything find on chrome and on my phone :( hopefully someone more tech savvy will stop by.

I won both my chus last year in a raffle that Koko held with the help of Cynthia from East Coast Ranchu. Other than that my oldest fish is probably close to 4 years old now.

Edited by Mernany

Yes I mean copying and pasting text. I had to type in the ebay URL for both my electronic meters. I've tried pasting to notebook first and then copying and pasting but to no avail. I've tried copying and pasting from each of my three browsers. I'm not sure whats wrong. Wow that is one gorgeous ranchu.How long have you had him? How long have you had goldfish?

you make sure the rich text editor is on.......

meaning the box you type into and make sure the little switch on the top left hand is click on..

Are you using a computer or a smartphone? I like Tapatalk for phones because it lets you post pics directly from your gallery without having to use a photo-hosting site.

I have trouble pasting on my cell phone. I have to click on the clipboard above, paste in a little box, then click ok or whatever .

I have trouble pasting on my cell phone. I have to click on the clipboard above, paste in a little box, then click ok or whatever .

If your using Tapatalk I dont control that at all :(

No I don't use that. No big deal. I just assume it's my phone being lame.

you using the forum on your phone like if you where on the pc?

Try reinstalling Tapatalk. They are upgrading the app all the time, and sometimes the upgrades don't install properly on my phone and functions and even entire sections of the forum go missing as a result! :idont

Pearlscaleperfect suggested I uninstall and then download the app again, and it worked like a charm. :)

What browser are you using and are you using your default keyboard? There are some reported issues for Google Chrome, particularly on Android.