finnfinnfriend

what are your favorite pellets?

45 posts in this topic

For those of you that feed pellets, what are your favorite ones to feed your goldfish?

New Life Spectrum Thera +A... stinks of garlic. but it's ok in our home, we're European :rofl

I like Saki Hikari sinking fancy goldfish pellets, as they are a nice small size for my fishy and contain probiotics

I use omega one sinking pellets. Small size.

Oh yeah I feed that one too :teehee so many floating around :rofl

NLS Thera A w/garlic :)

2nd choice would be Hilkari Lionhead

Ditto. I tried another pellet that people raved about, but it was so awful that I'm kind of afraid to experiment again. :(

I like and feed the Hikari line, mostly the purple. I also feed 3mm high quality koi pellets to my addult fish, the hikari pellets are just too small for them and they just swallow them whole. I use a sinking 3mm wheatgerm 'health' pellet as a staple in the adults diet, it has pre- and probiotics, beta-glucans added and extra vitamins and minerals and is extremely digestable.

NLS Thera +A 1mm pellets :) I mix these with the NLS algae max pellets, which the fish also love :)

I feed Saki Hikari (purple bag) and Hikari lionhead, my goldies love them both and the pellets are a good size for small fish. Apart from pellets I also feed Repashy Soilent Green gel food, frozen bloodworms, veggies, algae wafers as a treat and dried seaweed sheets.

I also recently got a bag of ProGold but I'm not a fan to be honest. You can't soak them without them completely disintegrating and making a mess, and they make my goldies poo all crumbly and messy! : lol

What I do is go on Amazon and buy a few different types of sinking pellets and then mix them all together. I like Hikari and New Life Spectrum.

What I do is go on Amazon and buy a few different types of sinking pellets and then mix them all together. I like Hikari and New Life Spectrum.

This is what I do...I mix Hikari Lionhead with NLS Thera A and sometimes Omega One 1mm pellets.

Out of interest, does anyone else find that the Goldfish connection ProGold pellets make their fish' poo crumbly? Or is it just mine?

I use Hikari (Green mostly) and a few different others.

I love the "NatureFoods" fancy goldfish food. Looks whole wheat to me :) so dark and sinks very well. Think its german made.

All the food that doesn't work for me and the fish - i just use in the gelfood :)

Out of interest, does anyone else find that the Goldfish connection ProGold pellets make their fish' poo crumbly? Or is it just mine?

Nope. I used ProGold for quite a long time (never soaked) and my fish had very healthy poop.

NLS Thera A

Hmm...I am thinking about trying the Hikari Lionhead, even though I have a fantail, since they carry it at my LFS...

I give mine Saki Hikari (Purple Bag). I started with yucky generic sinking pellets from the LPS I bought my first 3 from but I changed it after two weeks. I have to say my horde really like the Saki Hikari and I've had very good growth and minimal health problems. That being said I don't just feed pellets but also Repashy Super Green, frozen bloodworms and assorted frozen stuff as well as the occasional fresh veg - mainly peas.

Nope. I used ProGold for quite a long time (never soaked) and my fish had very healthy poop.

Hmm interesting. They're fine with anything else I feed them, they're poo just goes noticeably crumbly (like the pellets are) whenever I give them ProGold :idont

Hmm interesting. They're fine with anything else I feed them, they're poo just goes noticeably crumbly (like the pellets are) whenever I give them ProGold :idont

I have never had crumbly pro-gold unless it has been soaked for a long time. I think that maybe the consistency is what is causing the malformed poops. Its unfortunate that ProGold isn't being made anymore, though. That was my preferred pellet for a long while.

Does anyone like Hikari Oranda gold or Goldfish gold? Or is Lionhead the best besides Saki? And this is a dumb question, but my fantail isn't going to start growing a wen if I give her lionhead or oranda gold, right?

No wen will grow unless she has the genes for it.

Oranda and Goldfish gold both float, to my knowledge, and therefore are not much good to fancy goldfish. Sinking pellets are the way to go.