Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hassan.zidan

My goldfish breeding Video

Hi all this the first video for me , my goldfish breeding. About 5 males to one female no any egg looking white.

Could you please help me about my breeding system in the video my goldfish variety i gusset they are ranchu !!!

My biggest issue fries mortality from week 2

https://vimeo.com/111733052

You did a good job on your video.

In term of breeding am think doing good job, but really offspring mortality make me end A happy breeding with horrible story for me

Do you prazi them? It could be they are dying from flukes.

I don't have any male fish in my setup but that seems like a lot of males to one female. I don't know if you do this already but if the chasing continues a lot without your female having rest times you might want to put her in a colander or a qt tank to rest. I'd also keep an eye on her for any injuries on her.

Edited by 4prettyfish

Yes its seems males chasing hardly without any rest but from my experience its very good in term of fertilizing eggs and colors.now about three days and my female in perfect condition

Well, to figure out why you have a high mortality rate in your fry, could you go into detail about what you normally do? Where do you keep in, in what kind of setup. How much water, how many fry, how often and how much water do you change? What do you feed, and do you treat the fry for flukes?

Anything, even if it might not seem important to you :)

1- preparing my glass aquarium like the one in the video three to four male with one female .

2- removing parents and let the eggs hatch , no methylene blue no salt no any white eggs removing.

1- preparing my glass aquarium like the one in the video three to four male with one female .

2- removing parents and let the eggs hatch , no methylene blue no salt no any white eggs removing.

3- after three days eggs start to look as fish just air stone no sponge filter or any water change .

4- when all the fries start to swim free am start feeding boiled egg yolk sac three to four eye drops per day .

5 from the day 10 fries start to look colorless or little bit whit then start mortality

About 10 - 25 fries per day .

5 all the patch dead about 15 days !!!

Note : i'm tray to feed only infsoria then bulleted fish feeds. But no changes

Do you prazi them? It could be they are dying from flukes.

Excellent to mentioned me about this point, no any praziquantel in our pet shop, could you give me some instruction or DIY about prazi !

Hi Hassan,

I have no personal experience with prazi and fry. Prazi is a wormer and appears, I believe, in Wormer Plus or in Flukesolve. Here, it is a major ingredient in cat wormer. Perhaps there is a similar product where you are. Here is a short thread about prazi and fry.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/117296-medicating-fry/?hl=prazi

Now its 5 days and my fries start swim freely as per the video and photos its very nice ranchu offspring and its very frustrating to lose this patch again so help me please.

Sorry for not good quality/cleanse aquariums but, am busy of producing aquarium environment noise me more than showing.

You see my DIY sponge filter my new idea to put stoned in the free space under the sponge did you think its accelerate the biological filtration !! .

Start to feed 8-10 drops 4 times/day infsoria.

Please advise about my next step.

5cc42d6bb7f4c454419767f1fe1a988d.jpg

fffba1af53a39734d2a9ceee100eeac3.jpg

3e08a5dec56e01778201c9e7e34d60f3.jpg

1137b5268f2b866f85a90f851ec81ae5.jpg

5f0dc0808e4015aa43c56fda11764ab7.jpg

For more details this a video

https://vimeo.com/111976363

Edited by hassan.zidan

Hi Hassan,

I have no personal experience with prazi and fry. Prazi is a wormer and appears, I believe, in Wormer Plus or in Flukesolve. Here, it is a major ingredient in cat wormer. Perhaps there is a similar product where you are. Here is a short thread about prazi and fry.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/117296-medicating-fry/?hl=prazi

Really i need to know more about prazi !!

My plan is to searching alternative solution for this medication .

If you get any new info please let me know

Thanks

From the above video dose i need to w/c the aquarium on daily bases? As i know its harm for the fries before completing one month age !!

I'm never ever making siphoning for my aquarium dose it effecting fries mortality?

Edited by hassan.zidan

Your fry need clean water to survive. Any uneaten food should be removed as soon as the fry are done eating their food. Changing the water in a fry aquarium should be done more often than with adult fish, since they need to be fed more often than adult fish and are often crammed into less space.

There are very few alternatives to Prazi. The full name for the medication is Praziquantel. That is what you need to look for.

Also, I would suggest lowering the level of water in your tank to about 6 inches in depth. Do not introduce the filter until the fry are 2-3 weeks old at least, so that they aren't pushed around by the current during early development. Until that point, use an airstone to circulate the water. Increase your water by 1 inch every week until the aquarium is full. This will help prevent against issues with the swim bladder.

Edited by ChelseaM

Your fry need clean water to survive. Any uneaten food should be removed as soon as the fry are done eating their food. Changing the water in a fry aquarium should be done more often than with adult fish, since they need to be fed more often than adult fish and are often crammed into less space.

There are very few alternatives to Prazi. The full name for the medication is Praziquantel. That is what you need to look for.

Also, I would suggest lowering the level of water in your tank to about 6 inches in depth. Do not introduce the filter until the fry are 2-3 weeks old at least, so that they aren't pushed around by the current during early development. Until that point, use an airstone to circulate the water. Increase your water by 1 inch every week until the aquarium is full. This will help prevent against issues with the swim bladder.

Dear ChelseaM today i clean my water and siphoning the aquarium but all the fries disturbed and siphoned and am return them back to the aquarium three of patched dead ! And i'm starting to change 1/4 of the aquarium water .

But bow my fries start to look off white colored . And this its like jinx for me coz this is the starting of mortality as per my past fries caring experience .

Yet now no any Praziquantel or other prazi medication available in my country . But looking for alternative .

Dose any recommendation regarding feeding plan !

Edited by hassan.zidan

When you siphon the tank, use a piece of airline tubing and watch for fry as they can easily be sucked up.

I wonder if part of the problem is the source you are getting your water from. Are you able to order this test kit online? click That kit is an accurate way of measuring your water quality, which could be effecting the fry.

When you change the water, do you match the temperature of the water to that of the aquarium the fry are in?

Fry, while still young, should be fed as often as possible. While egg yolk is okay as a food, it may not be providing the fry with enough of the right nutrients. Do you have access to brine shrimp eggs where you live? Baby brine shrimp make a very nutritious diet for goldfish fry and this way they can eat live food to grow stronger. Here is a link to how you can hatch baby brine shrimp to feed to your fish:

Ok i will use airline tup next time, I live in Africa, Sudan tropical country no any way to get water measure kit pr eBay It , Even BBS hardly to find it in our pet shops .

Still i'm feeding infsouria when i change to yolck sac ?

Y

Some people have some luck finely grinding up pellets for the fry, to a dust, at least when they are a bit older. You might have a chance of finding a wormer for dogs or for other animals. People here could tell you what dose you need. You wouldn't need much of it.

I got some pet shop offering me fry food might be for molley Fries , grinding pellets to a dust kill my fries as my near past experience and I'm very afraid from trying the pet shop food for fries !

Today early morning i got half of my fries dead in A CRNK shape( crocked spine ) !!! And they seem of white . never change my feeding for 7 days, just infsouria 4 times per day , 2 times W/C daily .

b05767474536ffa16f661fff68143dd3.jpg

Edited by hassan.zidan

My plan is to replace the rest of the fries to my earthen pond Hapas after fertilizing completed.

9fa4350cb462f93de552ae3975f9f674.jpg

2bf407059a595a080c987cf64509e0c0.jpg

4f86ee51891a7565b2cc03f578a6cd0a.jpg

Edited by hassan.zidan

That is an impressive pond, Hassan. I feel pretty strongly that flukes is a major part of your fry deaths. Have you had any luck finding a wormer?

Really when you culture your GF fry in like this earthen pond will become mature after 3 months and ready for breeding !!

Did you mean bay warmer something like heater !!

If yeas i leave in tropical country a very hot climate, even winter its about 75 F or 33 C .

Edited by hassan.zidan