Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cdionne77

A newbie and her eggs

November 6th

Well my Goldie Citrus laid her eggs today.

I have about 9 clear and transparent ones in a bowl of tank water about 3" high temp around 74*F this is the watching and waiting period. Will update here as things happen. Fingers crossed as this newbie attempts this exciting journey.

Edited by Cdionne77

I think I should use the correct terminology. Laying eggs is not right I presume, forgive the newbie in me :)

Congratulations! :D You'll have a lot of fun :)

So exciting! Good Luck!

Congratulations! :)

Good luck! :nana

Congratulations.

Congratulations!!!!!

November 8th

Eggs covered in fuzz and shrunk.... How do you prevent fungus? maybe i'll get lucky next time :(

Important in eggcare is massive airation and also changing the water. You can put a drop of methylene blue in with the eggs after spawning, this will slow down fungus. A constant temperature is also important, about 22C or 72F is a good temp. At a higher temp the eggs will hatch quicker.

Better luck next time, i suggest you read some breeding threads in the mean time. :thumb:

November 8th

Eggs covered in fuzz and shrunk.... How do you prevent fungus? maybe i'll get lucky next time :(

I'm sorry about this. :(

November 8th

I'm sorry about this. :(

Thank you, I'm sure it won't be the last time with them too :)

Important in eggcare is massive airation and also changing the water. You can put a drop of methylene blue in with the eggs after spawning, this will slow down fungus. A constant temperature is also important, about 22C or 72F is a good temp. At a higher temp the eggs will hatch quicker.

Better luck next time, i suggest you read some breeding threads in the mean time. :thumb:

The only thing I didn't have right was the methylene blue. But I ordered it so I'm prepared for the next time around, as I was completely caught off guard this time Edited by Cdionne77

I'm glad your new fish are getting along :ehh

I just used an airstone with my fry. Meth blue scares me :idont

Sorry to hear that you lost your eggs. I am sure you will get another chance though :).

I had my eggs in a shallow Tupperware container. I didn't change the water, I didn't add an airstone or methylene blue. I did immediately remove all the white eggs...the white eggs will transfer the fungus to the other eggs quickly if not removed.

Well citrus spawned more eggs today but skipper was more interested in eating them rather than fertilizing them. Water was looking to clear and not cloudy

Hope some got fertilised for you.

I hope so as I think Skipper was more interested in just eating them :(