Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Round Number Three

Not until about two weeks in though, right? :D

:nana that pics is really good! You can see the eye spots so distinctly!!!

:goodluck

I had to sharpen it and use Auto-Levels in Photoshop, because the original pic is a bit fuzzy and washed out. But this really brought out the details!

It is so cute to see their eyes and spines. Wouldn't surprise me to find some having hatched by tomorrow morning!

I was thinking the same thing as Aubrey. Great photography, Fang.

From a fish owner that only have male fish.......Is each time having Fry the same excitement as your first?

I'd have to say that the first time I was SUPER excited because it was all new to me.

The second time, I was very intrigued because I managed to find only one single fertile egg because the fatjer was only about half a year old, and I wasn't sure if it'll make it. Now, almost two years later, I'm happy that the single egg/fry did make it.

The third time, again about two years after the last time, I am excited again. It is just so much fun to watch this!

First you don't know if the eggs are even fertile, and hours later you can see some going white, which means they are bad.

The other eggs are still clear and look like there is a ring or bubble inside the egg, although that is the baby fish's spine forming. Then you see eggs developing etc, and it is just so much fun. I'm so fascinated, and it is exciting because you seriously do not know what will happen. What will they look like? What color will they be?

It is definitely a fantastic learning experience!

I counted at least 9 little hatched fry half an hour ago. Yay!

Yay! Nine little babies!

So it appears that I currently have a total of 15 wiggly eyelashes in my tub. :)

Woohoo

Ugh, girl, I think your signature is a bit too big.

I mean I had to scroll through the three pics of your (gorgeous) fish just now just to see the post that was made after you.

Here's a link to the topic about the allowed signature size :)http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94549-signature-size/#entry1108574

On a different note, I have a total of 15 fry. Yay! :D

Woohoo

I mean I had to scroll through the three pics of your (gorgeous) fish just now just to see the post that was made after you.

Here's a link to the topic about the allowed signature size :)http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94549-signature-size/#entry1108574

Sorry. I added the pictures and didn't realuse how big they were. I did edit them. they should now be the allowed size

Cant wait to see pictures as they grow up.

Woohoo

Sorry. I added the pictures and didn't realuse how big they were. I did edit them. they should now be the allowed size

Well, it happens! :D That's why I figured I'd let ya know. Not that I mind seeing closeups of three gorgeous fish like yours.

Thank you. That's why I am showing the off. Sorry again though.

I love seeing fry develop. And since I don't think mine will give me some, I can't wait to see loads of pictures of yours growing.

So it appears that I currently have a total of 15 wiggly eyelashes in my tub. :)

Pictures or it didn't happen! :rofl

Pictures or it didn't happen! :rofl

Oh you!

Pic is a bit blurry, my camera has a hard time picking up on the little ones. I probably missed some in the photo, but all those I could find have a red dot next to them.

100_0868_zps62a7ea1e.jpg

I learned that one from you! :rofl

Tiny babies! :wub:

:clapping: tiny cute :heart

At five days old, they have grown quite a bit so far.

I can also tell that clearly the father was one (or both) of the shubunkins, since 15 of the 16 fry have single tails, only one is growing a cute double tail (second photo).

100_0917_zpsed692f3e.jpg

100_0921_zps9518bfa8.jpg

I also came across an interesting "new" food: powdered blue-green algae, sold as "instant green water / betta fry food" on ebay.

Those are the little crumbs you see in the photo, and the fry is going crazy for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Instant-green-water-betta-fry-food-/331374998068?

The other fry food I came across is frozen cyclops. NO store in my area seems to carry frozen BBS anymore, and my BS egg mix is years old and yields only very few BBS.

A week old today, and they are doing great. I move them from one 1g tub to a completely clean, freshly filled and (aged) 1g tub daily.

Today I started adding prazi pro at regular dose, not considering that today or tomorrow I should be getting the microworms in the mail. I assume prazi will affect this live food, so I may have to hold of prazi for a week or two.

It also was "fun" to measure out the amount of prazi pro needed for a 1g tub. Like.... how do you divide 1tsp that is used for 20g of water to treat a 1g tub? :lol

But 5 drops of prazi should be about right.

Also added a tiny pinch of koi clay today, and I noticed that one pond snail must have sneaked in on the small anubias. That's fine with me, it won't cause much harm and may eat some excess food.

Temperature currently is at 70F (room temperature 68F, so it's probably somewhere in between), all 16 fry are still there, and still it looks like I only have one double tail vs fifteen single tails lol

Your such a great fishy granny. Looking forward to more pics.

I just took some, but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. So check back in an hour or two to see some pic/s from today :)

EDIT: Considered the amount of single tailed fry, I may also be a great-granny now, since one of the two possible Dad's already is a "grandson" :rofl

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Sixteen midgets nomming on Repashy. I'll probably move them into the 10g this weekend with a sponge filter, although I really like the daily bucket-to-bucket method with the smaller container.

In the first picture you can make out the only fancy tailed fish, the one closest to the bottom of the image. This one seems to come after his mom, with no dorsal and a spine that is slowly starting to curve. The tail itself is not well visible in the photo, but the shadow it casts is unmistakable. 

The remaining fifteen are single tailed, some matte with button eyes and some in metallic fry colors. 

There also are some big size differences between some of them. I can tell during every feeding that those that are the largest right now, are also the biggest pigs and fill their bellies with BBS and algae/Repashy to the point that I worry about their bellies bursting. 

100_1119_zps306c7f02.jpg

100_1118_zps9a32d120.jpg
100_1121_zps4597761e.jpg

Aaaand they are in the 10g with an air pump based filter (intake covered with tight stocking) hooked up to the split tubing of one of the two outlets of a 300g airpump. 
That would make it equal to a 75g air pump based sponge filter.

Aaaand it appears I (possibly) have a nymph. 

The fish at the top is fully single tailed, but with a beautifully arched back. Remember, the mother here is a lionhead.

It also appears to be calico / matte. Unlike most siblings that are developing metallic fry colors, this "nymph" and about four other fry are matte and almost clear, very light colored, and sport huge black button eyes.

100_1153_zps7c8f5a7b.jpg

Awesome!!! :nana looks like you'll get your oddball babies afterall! lots of updates on this one, please! :teehee

One of my fry (well she was once my wee little try) is matte white also. She has a funny tail and i just love her. She's still kinda see-through. :o

Really cute one, Fang.  Can't wait to see them grow.